Herschel Grammar vs Burnham Grammar

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anxiousp

Herschel Grammar vs Burnham Grammar

Post by anxiousp »

Hi.
I would appreciate everyone's views on both Herschel and Burnham Grammar school.
scary mum

Re: Herschel Grammar vs Burnham Grammar

Post by scary mum »

Have you visited them both? Only you can really decide. For what it's worth, I have 2 DCs at BGS and am about to send the third. Overall, we are very pleased with it. Of course there are some negatives, there will be at every school. Some of the supply teachers they use aren't brilliant and if drama is important to your DC, forget it, or do it out of school. My impression is that it isn't a very sporty school, but maybe those with sporty children would disagree. The teachers are very approachable and one of the big positives for me is that if you have any concerns they are very happy to discuss them honestly and openly and to address the problems. They deal with bullying swiftly and effectively. I love the multi-cultural aspects of it. Please pm me if you have any specific questions.
scary mum
anxiousp

Re: Herschel Grammar vs Burnham Grammar

Post by anxiousp »

Thank u for ur reply scarymum....i did visit both at open eve..and had another visit at BGS a few weeks ago..will be going to Herschel on tuesday.....And as u mentioned.drama is very imp...so tht is probably the only thing tht is making us prefer Herschel...wil make final decision after Tues...