Oversubscribed BGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MumWith3Kids

Oversubscribed BGS

Post by MumWith3Kids »

Is there a list of how many applications a grammar school got and which were oversubscribed?
scary mum

Re: Oversubscribed BGS

Post by scary mum »

Sally-Anne has posted figures of how many qualified applicants put each school down as first preference, which usually gives you an idea of hether your DC might get in on the first round of applications. You will know if they were over-subscribed by the allocations on March 1st, and afterwards (ie "all offered" means everyone who wanted a place was given one). There is also an annual "census" of how many students are in each year at each school but I haven't seen that this year.

If I can find the links I will post them later, otherwise I'm sure some other kind soul will.
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

scary mum wrote:Sally-Anne has posted figures of how many qualified applicants put each school down as first preference, which usually gives you an idea of hether your DC might get in on the first round of applications.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... references" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; although these numbers really are history now.
You will know if they were over-subscribed by the allocations on March 1st, and afterwards (ie "all offered" means everyone who wanted a place was given one).
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is also an annual "census" of how many students are in each year at each school but I haven't seen that this year.
Usually published in early to mid-May.
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi Sally Ann,
Does the final allocation profile include people on the waiting list who also received places.?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi hasmum

Yes, it does. The only children not included are those who gained places through an over-subscription appeal, because those could distort the figures.

S-A
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now