Anyone for Chis and Sid Sept 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nicemum

Anyone for Chis and Sid Sept 2012

Post by nicemum »

Wonder if any one out of county - Bexley were going to C&S this year? What is the school like?
nina1on

Re: Anyone for Chis and Sid Sept 2012

Post by nina1on »

It looks like we will be going from Chislehurst. School is good, Grammar anyway. And as I see now (by reading the posts) this year we were lucky to get a place there...even if it was our 3 choice.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I'm watching with interest to see how far C&S come out this year. DS sits Bexley in September, but we're in Bromley. A boy who's about 1/3 mile closer was offered C&S in the first round this time and we have boys about the same distance as us offered C&S last year and the year before. It is looking a bit of a nightmare this year for OOCs. Do you know anyone offered a Kent school?
nicemum

Post by nicemum »

Offered C&S - we live 3.7+miles away. I know of a boy offered Dartford - scored 415 lives close to Petts wood - nearer Chislehurst.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Thanks nicemum. I think I read on another thread that Dartford Boys went down to 414 :shock: I suppose there could still be some movement over the next few months. Another 12 months to go :(

I'd be very happy with C&S for my DS. He loved it too when we went round last year with DD (but I didn't feel it was the right school for her). The Year 7 boy I know who has gone there settled very quickly and has made lots of friends.
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

We liked C&S too. We're in Bromley and the journey wouldnt be too bad either.
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

seems like a really big school .....how do the teachers cope?
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Probably they dont :D It is just the kids are selected and have more discipline and desire to learn...hopefully
moneypenny63

Post by moneypenny63 »

My DS is going to Chis & Sid too! :D I was not overly impressed on my first visit - tbh it was all a bit mad. There were hundred of parents and children viewing, the school was trying to operate as normal, and we had only just received the good news that DS had passed 11+. You fee llike you are caught up in a whirlwind, trying to visit all these different schools, desperate not to make the wrong choice, it really is an emotional rollercoaster. :? DS loved it and we put it as 1st choice, this was because as an OOB C&S is our nearest grammar, and also because I had only ever heard good things about it, and they cannot all be wrong.

I have since returned to the school, to hand in all the various forms, again on a normal day and I was suitably impressed. There was an overall feeling of calm, the receptionist was very helpful, the pupils I met were friendly (and courteous) and it all felt so much better. We are now looking forward to September, relieved that we don't have to go through the trauma of the 11+ again :lol:

Good Luck to everyone taking it this year, and "Hello" to all the C&S newbies!
teepee

Post by teepee »

What a lovely school! All my kids have really enjoyed their time there.