Movement on waiting lists ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
clumsymum

Movement on waiting lists ?

Post by clumsymum »

Have been a lurker for the last couple of weeks. Have not seen a lot of info on waiting lists movement, does that mean there won't be any more change ? No news on CRGS list ? :?:
Hopefully

Re: Movement on waiting lists ?

Post by Hopefully »

Having followed the forum since March it would seem that CRGS has a reputationfor very little movement.
The movements depend on how quickly parents respond to their offer letters and how quickly they submit their rejection forms. My DS got into WHSB having given up on CRGS due to lack of movement, his confirmation is needed by 2nd May. If everybody holds out until then, then the process will be slowed down.
Sundae21

Post by Sundae21 »

Thank you Hopefully.

Does anyone know if SHSG and WHSG have a similar 2 May acceptance deadline. DD on waiting list for both so waiting in hope for a little extra movement.

Am I right in assuming that an acceptance deadline means that anyone with an offer must confirm their acceptance of it by that date. If the council doesn't hear back by then new offers are made to those on the waiting lists.

Thank you to anyone in advance for any info.
Pixie

Post by Pixie »

I think you get a certain amount of time to accept the offer once it's made from the waiting list. From memory we had somewhere between 10 days and 2 weeks to accept the offer (from the date Essex sent out the letter), so it all depends on when the offers are made and how quickly they are accepted/ rejected.
On the Southend/ Westcliff thread Danbury1 posted that Janet at Southend admissions is now on holiday for the next week, so there won't be any movement on the lists during this time.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Is there a date for everyone who was offered a place on allocation day to accept the place or to give their rejections like the ones for who were offered a place from the waiting list in Essex and Southend?
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
2nd choice

Post by 2nd choice »

We were offered a place at WHSB on allocation day, which was turned down in favour of another GS place by second week in March. However last weekend we received a welcome to Westcliff pack!! It may mean that their lists are still not up to date and there will be further movement?? I rang Essex after receipt to confirm that we had turned down WHSB place and they confirmed they had passed info to Southend when advised.
Rajula

Post by Rajula »

Hi,

We had declined our place at Westcliff in March. But today i received a call from Westcliff school to check if we have accepted/declined the place. And i have told them that we have declined. So there should be one more place available now.
Sundae21

Post by Sundae21 »

Thank you all.

Can't quite believe this system seems to run so haphazardly! People do the right thing and let the powers that be know they're turning down their place and weeks (months) later the message doesn't seem to have got through to the right areas!

Oh well, I think I've been a bit naive!
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

I'm appalled at the last few posts. Well done to these people for doing the right thing and informing the appropriate authorities of their intentions. Why have their communications with the Council not been noted and acted upon? As if the process isn't stressful enough. I hope you all get some good news soon.
Clarabelle

Post by Clarabelle »

I seem to remember reading on here that waiting lists remain open until approx the end of the Autumn term and there have been, probably rare, instances of places been allocated in Sept as offered places have not been declined & children have simply not turned up on the first day of term? Presumably these children would have been those who chose to accept an indie placement instead.

Perhaps those with DC already in GS will know of instances where yr 7's have started after the first day of term.
Clarabelle
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now