Applying for Sept 2013 entry..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gatleymum

Applying for Sept 2013 entry..

Post by gatleymum »

It seems very quiet on the Trafford thread!

Is anyone else sitting exams this Sept/Oct?

(Applied for AGGS and Sale..)
countrymum

Re: Applying for Sept 2013 entry..

Post by countrymum »

Waves! Just relied to you a couple of times on your other thread. Ha ha wouldn't that be lovely just your DD and mine for AGGs! *Wishful thinking* ;) Yes my DD aiming for AGGS. Only one in her class I believe. Bit stressed as she is one of those that people ( I think ) *assume* she shall get in just fine. I am of course being a bit more realistic but do find that almost over optimistic attitude from others quite stressy. Obviously as a newbie to all this, is very nerve racking as I really do not know what to expect. I know bar is very high and one of the hardest GS tests to do in Trafford but am trying to be relaxed and if she doesn't get in am so very proud of her and at least her giving it a good go!

Good luck to your DD at Sale & AGGS, would love to support and get support from others too taking exam/s this year :)
gatleymum

Post by gatleymum »

Are you outside Altrincham as well? It just seems the done thing at our school that everyone goes to Kingsway, so DD is very much the odd one out. I have posted in other places about how she is quite worried about making new friends so it is great to try and make some connections. This is the other reason I have entered her for the mock exam so she will see she is not alone!
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

gatleymum wrote:Are you outside Altrincham as well? It just seems the done thing at our school that everyone goes to Kingsway, so DD is very much the odd one out. I have posted in other places about how she is quite worried about making new friends so it is great to try and make some connections. This is the other reason I have entered her for the mock exam so she will see she is not alone!
Yes outside Altrincham, many of her friends going to the feeder school, though one or two going to different schools also. Some from previous years have taken the 11plus for various schools including AGGS, and Altrincham G school has always been the one in back of my mind that I have thought may suit her. Though of course we haven't been round/got a feel for the place so I could have it completely wrong. I like the idea of a mock exam, and I totally agree when your DD sees others ( like my DD has ) in the same boat trying and going for it, it does rub off and I think this is why my DD is much more keen, she sees keeness in others so makes her strive a bit more.

For me, I don't think you can teach a child how to get in/pass etc. But you can give them skills to help work out some the questions they may answer, you can teach them relaxation skills for the exam situation. But most importantly for me I just want to give her confidence, and support and not push too much.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I wouldn't worry about making friends.I had to pick my Y8 son who is at AGSB as he was 'hanging out' in Alty with his friends and y8 girls from AGGS. We live in Stockport too! Good luck to you both:))
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now