thank you everyone....

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Scooby

thank you everyone....

Post by Scooby »

Scooby here, just found out we weren't successful with our appeal. I am obviously disappointed but I do need closure on this now. I am pleased we gave it a go despite the outcome. Fortunately the alternative is a good comp and I am sure he will be absolutely fine there. Sometimes these things work out for the best in the end. Than you everyone for your kind words and help over the last few months.
mother

Post by mother »

Hi Scooby - so sorry to hear your news. You are right - sometimes you just need to move forward and i'm sure your son will make the most of his new school. Wishing you all the very best. Love Mother
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Scooby,

I'm so sorry to hear your news, I have sent you a PM..

Take care..

AM
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Scooby

I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I'm sure you are just glad that it is over though, and I'm glad that you have a good alternative.

Take care
Sally-Anne
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Oh Scooby! I was so sure when I read 'thank you everyone' that it was good news. I really feel for you but am so glad your son has a good alternative. I'm sure you are right - that all things work together for good - but I know it takes a very strong person to arrive at this conclusion. You are strong and your son is blessed to have you. With the appeal out of the way and having that chapter now closed, channel all your energies into making sure your son is happy, enjoys school, gets a great education and a good life. I think you've already taught him a lot about life through this experience.

Continue to be strong.

Thank you for all you have shared on the site, and for the pm's you sent me. God bless.
marie

Post by marie »

Scooby

sorry to hear your news

sure your son will be fine

thinking of you

marie
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Scooby,

You are a very wise person - you gave it your best shot and it was not to be - you are right to move forward.

With such loving support your son will be fine - big hugs to you all
New Appeal Parent

Post by New Appeal Parent »

Scooby

I am so sorry to hear but as the saying goes, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Your child will do well whichever school he goes to as he has got a caring parent like yourself. We are also waiting for our appeal outcome and I know how it feels. We have always said that we have done what we can and the rest then becomes history. We all have to move forward with positive attitudes and get involved with the school he is going to. :) Best of luck and I am thinking of you.

New appeal parent
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Good luck new appeal parent. Thanks everyone for your words. I have no regrets about trying and my only advice to anyone is to keep it from their child if possible so as to avoid any further disappointment if the outcome isn't positive. I am so glad I don't have to deal with that.......
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Dear Scooby

I'm so sorry to hear your news. At least now you can move forward knowing you did everything you could and with a good comp as the alternative you will be able to look back in the future and know that things turned out fine as I am sure your son will excel at his new school, ultimately that's all we want for our children where ever they go.

The very best of luck to both you and your son.
NKM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now