Sutton Mock tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiffinboys

Sutton Mock tests

Post by tiffinboys »

Applications for the Sutton Mock tests opened few days ago. These mocks are very useful in gauging the preparation and to assess strengths and weaknesses.

This year there are fewer sessions, all held in May. If you plan for these tests, apply asap if you have not already done so.

http://www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/ ... ests.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Daogroupie

Re: Sutton Mock tests

Post by Daogroupie »

Thanks for posting this Tiffinboys. I cannot recommend these tests highly enough. We did them two years in a row with elder and younger dd and got precious information on where we needed to focus each time. But you need to move quickly before they sell out. DG
Elizabeth3

Post by Elizabeth3 »

What information do they provide after the tests to enable parents to establish strengths and weaknesses? Are the test and incorrect answers available for your child??
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Elizabeth3,

You get the raw score and standardised score for each part of the test (VR, English and maths). I think the most useful thing is the fact that as about 2000 children sit these tests you get a standardised score based on the cohort which is likely to be sitting the real thing in September. The scores are posted online by candidate number.

Although you don't get the papers back, you can see from the standardised score if your DC has any major weakness (compared to the others sitting the test) in a particular area. You then have time to work on that area before the real thing.

Also, the experience of sitting the exam in the first place is always useful.

Well worth the money in my view :D
modernista

Post by modernista »

We sat all the mock exams as my daughter's biggest weakness is nervousness. She walked into the actual tests smiling and relaxed. As you get everybody's results (anonymous), you can get a very good idea of whether your child in in top 20% etc. Also by combining scores according to subjects tested by different schools, you can assess your relative chances.
Elizabeth3

Post by Elizabeth3 »

Many thanks for the replies - certainly sounds worth doing.
Azi

Post by Azi »

Do you know which subjects do they test? are they multiple choice?
Thanks
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Maths
English - covering VR, NVR, vocab, garmmar and comprehension

They are MC
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

I almost signed up for something else which also calls itself the Sutton mocks but isn't run by the school PTA. Does anyone know about another organisation with a similar name, and whether their mocks are also worth doing? They seem quite organised, but much more expensive. (£52 for all four subjects plus feedback.)
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

That is eleven plus mocks who have an examination centre in Sutton. If you go to the Eleven plus exams section you will see a thread on these exams started by me with feedback from those who did the exams at their centre in Finchley. I think it is worth the money. You get your papers back and feedback on your performance. You also see your marks ranked with your cohort on the day and from other exam centres. I would do the PTA Sutton mocks now if they have any places left and do the eleven plus mocks in a couple of months time. When are your real exams? DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now