Important Dates for 2008 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Important Dates for 2008 entry

Post by hermanmunster »

I know there aren't many from North Yorkshire who visit the board but thought if any appear this info about the dates might be useful

http://www.ermysteds.n-yorks.sch.uk/gen ... pt2008.pdf

Exam all finished by 18/9......
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Wow Herman, :o
For those not clued up to the North Yorks system as I luckily was! this will be terrible!!

The 11+ Exams will have been and gone before they (parden the phrase...............) get their finger out!! :oops:

Footymad xx.

I've just been praying youngest son aged 8 suddenly becomes a genius overnight, then he may well get to go to a truly magnificent school like Ermysteds!!

Then I awoke............................... :?

Footy xx.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yep

I think the key date is having to apply (if at school or living out of catchment) by 24th august - in the school hols so easily missed.

Good luck dor DS when he gets to year 6 ... or year 5 really as they will only just have started back to school when they take the test

skipton girls school

Post by Guest »

Is this the same for the girls school?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

As far as I know yes, the dates will be set by N Yorks education as they run the exams. It is the same exam for both schools and the "out of catchment" exam has been held at a local hotel for the last couple of years - used to be in the school halls but they ran out room / had some building work to do or something like that.

Have you got a DD doing the exam in Sept 08 then? Join the club!

Herman
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now