12+ allocation letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
anotherdad

12+ allocation letters

Post by anotherdad »

Has anyone received their Year 8 late transfer allocation letters today? I think they were to be posted yesterday or today. I haven't received mine today so looks like tomorrow.....or Tuesday!
Sally-Anne

Re: 12+ allocation letters

Post by Sally-Anne »

They are being posted today, so once again we play the game of "how reliable is the Royal Mail". :roll:
Caryn

Post by Caryn »

No letter in post this morning :roll: now a long wait till Tuesday morning :( - at least my DS is away on a football tour this w/end so he's well occupied ...

Just wondering if anyone else has received their letter yet?

Does anyone know if it's possible to check the allocation profile of schools for the late transfer allocations on the BCC website?

Thanks!
pop

Post by pop »

Hi,

The postman has just delivered and we too have no allocation letter.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Caryn wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to check the allocation profile of schools for the late transfer allocations on the BCC website?
I have never known it to be published in the past, unfortunately. If it is published I would expect it to turn up here: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... _2012.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Hi
Our letter didn't arrive this morning either. I did contact BCC a few weeks ago and they assured me they would be posted Friday 4th may 1st class... and unfortunately they won't give you details over the phone or on line... lets hope good news comes on Tuesday.

I don't think the census has been published yet, but I emailed the admissions department and a really helpful lady sent me the numbers of current year 7 of the grammar schools we are hoping for.

Good luck for Tuesday
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

As of January this year, there were the following number of spaces in Y7. Please bear in mind that the numbers may have changed since then!

AGS 7
AHS 19
BHS 8
BGS 1
CGS 55
DCGS 1
JHG 4

No vacancies at the other schools (DCHS, SHF, RGS, RLS, SWB, WHS.)
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

No letter here either. Shame we have to wait another three days but at least it appears that the situation is the same for everyone. The AHS number of spaces does look promising so hope the radius is big enough to fit everyone in. I know of a few girls living near the school who put it first or second choice and with SHFGS full, they will all revert to AHS.
Y

Post by Y »

Sally-Anne wrote: CGS 55
Not a stuck keyboard or other typo? Really 55 places?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Y wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote: CGS 55
Not a stuck keyboard or other typo? Really 55 places?
No, unfortunately not. (Or fortunately, depending upon your point of view.) PAN is 180 and there were 125 pupils in Y7 in January.