Kendrick Exam papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tensedmum

Kendrick Exam papers

Post by tensedmum »

Hi,

I have checked Kendrick website and it says they follow 11+ Standard format papers by Letts. Are they different from GL assessment? Until now, I thought they both are the same. Anyone whose DD's are already in Kendrick please help me out with this one. My DD is until now doing GL Assessment and she get 90-95% in them. We tried Letts yesterday as she felt they were difficult. Are Letts more tougher than GL? Please any advice on this would really help me!

Thanks
stevew61

Re: Kendrick Exam papers

Post by stevew61 »

Old Letts are the original nfer papers, modern Letts are not. More info. here.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... -and-letts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By coincidence I looked at the new Letts papers yesterday and decided only to do some of the vocab questions with DD and some of those looked ambitious for an 11 year old and ambiguous to me!
tensedmum

Post by tensedmum »

Thanks Steve. Just read through Kendrick guidelines for entry in 2013 and came across their new "Designated Postcode" rule. We live in Harrow, so not sure now what are the chances of DD getting a place in Kendrick. Looks very slim at the moment :(
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Personally, I would be pretty surprised if there were not enough girls scoring 109 and over within the DA to fill the 96 places.
tensedmum

Post by tensedmum »

I too felt the same Readingmum!! This DA rule surely would benefit all the children who live in DA but is a drwaback for us and DD who is in high hopes to get in there!
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

This will be the first year with a DA so it will be interesting to see how it works out.

With a DD who would be walking to Kendrick, if she got a place, I obviously see the change from a different point of view.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Hope you dont mind me saying but Unless you were thinking of moving if your DD got a place, that's an horrendous journey to be considering.
tensedmum

Post by tensedmum »

I know Tinkers, we have decided to move into the area if DD gets a place in there. But now, with the DA rule I am not sure what will happen. Fingers crossed!!
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

Reading Mum, as I understand it the 109 simply indicates where you came out of the total number of people sitting the exam. i.e. 109 is roughly top third. ( Nfer raw score to SS conversion table). This is the cut off which deems your DD suitable for a place at a grammar school, whether your DD would actually get a place with a score of 109 might be another matter as it may be that if 600 sat it ,a SS of 109 could still place you about 200th.

The only difference that I can see having a DA could make is that perhaps a slightly lower raw score would be needed to be placed in the top third if the competition is less stiff. I'm sure they will still have absolutely no difficulty in finding very able girls from within that very large DA.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Absolutely
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now