Strong backpack.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vasu

Strong backpack.

Post by vasu »

I think the title is self-explanatory! Which back pack would you recommend for a boy who would blatantly disregard the poor bag. :( Need something strong, lasts long and does not burn big holes in my pocket.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
hermanmunster

Re: Strong backpack.

Post by hermanmunster »

I found Jeep Backpacks survive for quite some time in senior school - even use one myself :wink: I got mine from a factory shop but can get them online too.
vasu

Post by vasu »

Thank you...oh great :? one :) . I will look for jeep one online.I have forgotten how to shop in a shop.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Are we allowed to advertise on here?
Bear, tiger, antelope, cat, dog are all types of...?

We found theirs to be pretty good.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I have had book bags from a company called "Quadra" they were excellent - they also do backpacks which some schools are using as a book bag. My DC's have had a junior backpack for 2 years and they still look excellent. The bookbags they had previously I have passed on to a friend for their children starting school. The standard bookbags the school recommend look tatty in no time but these seem to really last. They seem to do some more grown up backpacks as well for carrying a laptop, MP3 and pockets for bits and pieces. Look up the website to see if anything would suit.
Last edited by DC17C on Sun May 06, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

My son had an Animal backpack which has lasted for ages, it was the right size to hold A4 files too, so things weren't too horribly crushed. He still uses it for uni although it is shabbier than a shabby thing now, it still holds files..must be at least 6 years old and has been thrown around , stamped on , pulled and beaten for all that time
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Timberland, bought from TK MAXX so price fairly reasonable. Really durable we found, despite DS's disregard for his possessions !
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Would recommend Jeep back packs. DD and DH both have one, both very different styles. DD's is three years old and still looks new. I thought it was a bit expensive when I bought it, but have not regretted buying it and DH bought his from the same shop based on the resilience of hers. The only reason I can her changing it is needing a bigger bag when she starts secondary in a years time, because I'm sure it will still be going strong.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I second the Jeep recommendation, got one from TKMax in Y7. Now in Y9 and still not showing any signs of wear and tear.

Mike