Newbie, advice desperately needed

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mama2

Newbie, advice desperately needed

Post by Mama2 »

Hello All
My first post on here and also very new to the life taking over drama that is 11+.
I currently live in an area that only has one Grammar school in the whole county! So you can imagine that 11+ is not a big thing here.

However, we are moving to Tonbridge in Kent due to hubby's job.

My DD will need to sit the 11+ in September but my concern is that they are super selective and she won't get in To Tonbridge Grammar anyway. So considering Weald of Kent.

Is 'Weald of Kent' Grammar Schhol super selective and does anyone know the raw score needed to get in?

She has been going to a tutor for 6 months but I'm starting to panic because I did a practice paper with her on weekend and the results were not great. She is a bright girl and has been at level 5Cs in Maths and English school school, but worry that the tutor focus is not complelty on her 11+ test. Have I got that wrong or this there still enough time?
I'm panicking panicking as you can tell.

Also, we don't move to the area until August so the likelihood of finding a tutor that close to the exam is probably very slim.

Can anyone help or advice

Many thanks
Reading Mum

Re: Newbie, advice desperately needed

Post by Reading Mum »

You might get some more knowledgeable responses if you post in the Kent regional bit of the forum.

You still have time to make a difference DIY style with input from Kent people. Good luck
Mama2

Re: Newbie, advice desperately needed

Post by Mama2 »

Thanks, first mistake already!! Will repost in that Section thanks