Green Bus for Sutton Coldfield Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
suttoncoldfield

Green Bus for Sutton Coldfield Grammar

Post by suttoncoldfield »

Hello,I am new so please forgive my mistakes!

My daughter has currrently been accepted for Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls.But there is one problem-travel.I am unsure of how i will be able to manage the distance and would like any feedback or advice if or whether Sutton Girls will begin a green bus service.

Thank You :D :D
UmSusu

Re: Green Bus for Sutton Coldfield Grammar

Post by UmSusu »

Hello and welcome :D

You have not said where you are travelling from.

I don't think there is green bus service, but many pupils take the train from New Street to sutton coldfield city centre and walk to the school. If you are nearby the Birmingham University line (from Redditch?), I think it runs straight through to Sutton.

I am afraid many of our not-so-little ones will be making long journeys this September. I am sure (or at least hope :shock: ) they will adjust.

UmSusu
UmSusu
suttoncoldfield

Hello and welcome :D

You have not said where you are travelling from.

I don't think there is green bus service, but many pupils take the train from New Street to sutton coldfield city centre and walk to the school. If you are nearby the Birmingham University line (from Redditch?), I think it runs straight through to Sutton.

I am afraid many of our not-so-little ones will be making long journeys this September. I am sure (or at least hope :shock: ) they will adjust.

Thank you for the reply.We will be travelling by car it seems.

The reason for this is that I personally fell that 11-12 is an extremely young age to let our little ones explore the world.There are several good and bad things and I fear that a journey from train would be very stressful for her.

I welcome new replies though :D

Thank you :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

SC - where are you travelling from? it will be helpful to know as there may be others doing a similar route who can advise.

each morning there are large numbers of children on buses / trains etc and though they seem really young at first they handle it well - particularly if there are other kids doing the trip too. A school friend of mine cycled to Sutton railway station, then got the train to New Street and the bus to Edgbaston from the age of 11.
suttoncoldfield

hermanmunster wrote:SC - where are you travelling from? it will be helpful to know as there may be others doing a similar route who can advise.

each morning there are large numbers of children on buses / trains etc and though they seem really young at first they handle it well - particularly if there are other kids doing the trip too. A school friend of mine cycled to Sutton railway station, then got the train to New Street and the bus to Edgbaston from the age of 11.
My dd will be travelling from Hodge Hill.She doesn't currently know anyone else completing this journey.

Thanks for the advice.I will certainly think it through.I wonder why Sutton Coldfield Grammar don't run a Green Bus Service :!: :!: :D
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

suttoncoldfield wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:SC - where are you travelling from? it will be helpful to know as there may be others doing a similar route who can advise.

My dd will be travelling from Hodge Hill.She doesn't currently know anyone else completing this journey.

Thanks for the advice.I will certainly think it through.I wonder why Sutton Coldfield Grammar don't run a Green Bus Service :!: :!: :D
Hodge Hill? That's not too far by car. We will be travelling from Hall Green to BV... abs dreading the 12 mile journey! In fact, having second thoughts altogether! :shock:
suttoncoldfield

OMG!I feel so sorry and slightly selfish!Well done to your DS for getting into BVGS though. :D

I apologise if you feel that I am at all interfering Reeyah,but I would let your ds go to BVGS as it is a FANTASTIC school! :)

Suttoncoldfield
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now