Latest round of olympic tickets

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MrsChubbs

Latest round of olympic tickets

Post by MrsChubbs »

Anyone who didn't get them in the first two rounds, it's worth going for them in this round. I just got 4 tickets for the final of the event I went for in the first round and didn't get. How that worked I have no idea. :shock:
WOTMum

Re: Latest round of olympic tickets

Post by WOTMum »

I would echo this - we also got tickets for a final/medal event, had to go up to an expensive band, but we got some! I had given up hope, after no luck in the first round, couldn't even get logged on second time round or didn't bother. You do have to stick out the waiting time but pay attention, because once you have tickets allocated they only give you a few minutes to complete the transaction. Have Visa card and SecureCode etc ready. Good luck to anyone trying to get tickets!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I completely messed it up. Got ground tickets to the tennis, thinking I had proper seats (silly me, should have realised because of the price).
It was only after I got confirmation I realised what I'd done, but then my opportunity was gone :(
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

What events did you get Wotmum and MrsChubbs?
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Oh no LFH! After all the aggravation. Sorry to hear that. Keep hoping though because even on Tuesday afternoon there were still tickets available for the closing ceremony which they said would sell out on the first day of the new release. I think there might be tickets left after this round for quite a few things.
I got tickets for the canoe slalom, not at the park I know, but what we had wanted from the beginning. :D
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

We got weightlifting tickets. I tried all day to get athletics tickets but just kept getting the "Sorry not found" message :evil: The only disappointing thing is that the maximum number of tickets you could buy for any event was 4 and we're a family of 5 so somebody will have to miss out :(

Will try again when the rest go on sale, plus we've got tickets for the Paralympics too (or "Parrot Olympics" as DD2 aged 5 thought when I told her :lol: )
suzanne

Post by suzanne »

We have been to see the diving and water polo events - organised by London Prepares. Be aware of airport style security. No glass bottles, restriction on liquids (fromage frais counts as liquid) - you are allowed to take in a certain ml equivalent to a small water bottle, which must be in clear plastic bottle. Took a while each time to get through security queues.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Must admit this had the opposite effect on me. We applied slightly half heartedly for one or two things in the first round, predicatably got nothing, and am now so fed up of all those overboiled over-zealous marketing emails with my name misspelt that I consigned the latest one straight to trash. Partly, I admit, because the sheer logistics and expense of actually getting there from here are too awful to contemplate, partly because there are 5 of us and partly because I have now become rather 'bah humbug' about the whole thing and rather glad I will be out of the country for most of it.

The biggest smile I had was that the beach volleyball players have asked not to wear bikinis in case they aren't taken seriously as sports women. Apparently MPs have block booked a whole lot of tickets as the 'beach' is handy for Westminster. Glad to hear they won't be distracted from the serious business of running the country by a load of scantily clad young ladies.

Bondgirl, however will you decide who will miss out on the sight of those men in little leotard things as they heave and strain...apparently they all get haemorrhoids almost spontaneously from doing that? :shock:
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

It was a choice between Greco-Roman wrestling, football or the weightlifting so I'm afraid the men in Borat style mankinis won 8)

By the way, :shock: is a very good emoticon for spontaneous haemorrhoids, don't you think?
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

So pleased for all of you who got tickets and sorry to hear about your mix up LFH. A couple of my friends have got tickets for athletics finals. I am so pleased. We only applied for one set of tickets, the race we really wanted to see, and were very lucky to get them in the first distribution. I must say it took the excitement away a little when we found none of our friends had got tickets for anything. There is nothing like sharing an experience. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now