Stroud High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
relievedit'sallover

Stroud High School

Post by relievedit'sallover »

Has anyone else had any info from SHS yet or know when we might? Apart from the offer letter in March, that is...
I see a few schools have started sending uniform lists etc out.
Orson

Re: Stroud High School

Post by Orson »

Nothing.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I seem to remember that it all kicked off after half term (or the break between the 5th & 6th terms in modern parlance). You'll get handed an envelope with all of that information at the New Parents Information evening (or I guess it will get posted if you can't make it).

With regards to uniform, you'd be surprised how much children grow between April and September. You can just sit back and gloat over the parents from other schools who've rushed out to buy the uniform now, only to find that the child's grown out of it by November - you'll have the chance to get a few months more out of it.
Capers
relievedit'sallover

Thanks for the info and advice re the uniform! Looking forward to the new parents evening.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Just echoing what Capers said, we were told by the ladies in the School Uniform Shop in Merrywalks to do our uniform shopping the first week of the summer holidays - if you leave it much later they start to run out of certain sizes and the queues are awful, do it too soon and they will out grow it without ever having worn it... We bought approx. a size too big and still had to buy DD a bigger jumper at Christmas. :(
relievedit'sallover

Great advice, thank you, I was thinking of doing it early but will definitely leave it until the hols, it's bad enough having to go school shopping, let alone do it twice... shudder
capers123

Post by capers123 »

One exception to this rule: buy the skirt now. Make sure it's several sizes too big round the waist, but just reaches to the knees.

This will ensure that the length of it will remain fashionable to their appropriate age as your daughter grows taller :shock:
Capers
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

capers123 wrote:One exception to this rule: buy the skirt now. Make sure it's several sizes too big round the waist, but just reaches to the knees.

This will ensure that the length of it will remain fashionable to their appropriate age as your daughter grows taller :shock:
Unless you have an irritating fashionista for a daughter who would die rather than wear a skirt that didn't fit perfectly :roll:
capers123

Post by capers123 »

FluffyCat wrote: Unless you have an irritating fashionista for a daughter who would die rather than wear a skirt that didn't fit perfectly :roll:
Depends on if you want it to fit lengthwise, which as they get older, gets shorter (although the skirts remain in the same proportions when purchased), my little bit of fluff.
Capers
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

It's a shame the skirts don't have the adjustable elastic waists like junior school skirts.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now