Hello

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lozza

Hello

Post by Lozza »

Hi, I'm Lozza from Gt Notley. I have a Dd in year 4 and we're just embarking on the 11+ journey. Nothing pressured: we're just exploring some past papers at the moment with a view to seeing where she needs some support. She's currently at Level 4 across the board, and nearly a 5c in English, although I know that that's not a shoe in for a good 11+ result!

Due to travel time etc. I'm only really looking at CCHS for her. Luckily our catchment non-selective is great so if it doesn't happen for her then there's no harm done.

Looking forward to picking up handy tips and making sense of this process in here!
djy76

Re: Hello

Post by djy76 »

Welcome, I have a DS in year 4 I have found this forum wonderfully informative and the contributors are great and so willing to help and there are some highly amusing threads in Everything else, the Miss Faversham one is a personal favourite...

Good luck with your journey!
djy
moved

Post by moved »

Welcome to the forum. Are you in catchment for CCHS?

Regarding levels, good level 5s in year 5 are not a guarantee, but they do indicate potential. My pupils who were level 5 across the board in year 5 have all made it into the Chelmsford grammars.

Before anyone panics the converse is not true, pupils with some 4s have also made it in and thrived when there.
mclm

Post by mclm »

Hi Lozza,

There are a few of us from the area on the forum, so please feel free to DM me if you want and happy to meet up with you to share experiences.

In case you haven't read the new admission rules for ChCHS, you will be in the new catchment area. I would recommend visiting Colchester CHS also as the two schools have very different feels to them, but equally good exam results. The journey time to ChCHS is approx 35 minutes by public bus and CoCHS is just over 50 minutes by dedicated public bus, so not a huge difference and there are a reasonable number that go to CoCHS / CRGS from the village. (PS I'm not biased in either direction, I have one at ChCHS and one starting at CoCHS this year !) You might feel the journey's too long - that's obviously purely your decision.

Welcome to the forum, it has a wealth of information and very helpful folks who understand the 11+ process, stresses and strains.

mclm.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now