ks2 level 6 maths help

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tricky

ks2 level 6 maths help

Post by tricky »

Hello, Dd is sitting level 6 maths sats test on tues. Does anyone have any websites / past papers / info we can look at ? School could offer no advice. She has completed papers on freepastpapers.co.uk just need something else.
Kind regards
doubletrouble2

Re: ks2 level 6 maths help

Post by doubletrouble2 »

Hi welcome and good luck to your DS next week! Mine are sitting these too! This is a good site with all the previous level 6 papers on it dating back to 2001 http://www.freepastpapers.co.uk/sats-pa ... ast-papers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope it helps?!
tricky

Post by tricky »

Hi yes we have done these ....not sure how relevant it is to go so far back seems to be different ways of teaching. Don't want to confuse her. It's a minefield really. She has place at GS so guess it doesn't matter too much just want to suport and help all we can. Thanks again and good luck x
doubletrouble2

Post by doubletrouble2 »

Hi tricky these are the only ones available as I believe these were stopped then only reintroduced last year so you won't find any alternative ones!! We only tried one yesterday for the first time and ds scored 23 / 30 but I think a pass is approx half! How is yours finding them?!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

My DS is doing the paper next week but I am flatly refusing to even suggest he does any practice - it won't benefit him, it's not a true level 6 as covered at secondary school (see other threads on here) and it's only so that the school can add it to their league tables. Why stress a 10/11 year old for no good reason. I have told my DS to just do his best for his own, but not to worry about it. Sorry if I sound negative but I have quite strong feelings about the SATs!
scary mum
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

completely agree with scary mum. if your child has been entered for the level 6 paper it is because the school think they are capable of doing well and making the school look good on the league tables. It bears little relation to what happens in year 7 (in grammar school at least) as from my older sons experience they spend most of that year bringing everyone up to level 6 anyway.
chocolate

Post by chocolate »

Agree with you bumblebee and scarey mum. My daughter is taking level 6 papers next week too. Agree It's all for the benefit of the school, she is going to grammar because she passed the eleven plus, TROUGH NO HELP FROM THE SCHOOL!!! I'm not prepping her for level 6 papers just for the benefit of the school!! Why should I!!!!!! I was going to tell the school she won't be sitting them, but she says she wants to take them!!
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

tricky - if your dc is going to grammar, then I would not bother with doing any extra work at home for Level 6s.

Personally, we have done no extra work at home for SATS. My DS is sitting the reading and the Maths next week. The only good thing about this, so he told me, was that they are allowed the free breakfast for two extra days ...
doubletrouble2

Post by doubletrouble2 »

Ha ha yes SEP18, mine are going in early for the free breakfast too (and it's only toast and juice) I completely understand why you all wouldn't want to give any extra support but some children enjoy the challenge and actually want to try them before the real thing! Each to their own really I suppose! Plus my children have thoroughly loved Primary and really do want to do their best for the their school! So I don't see any harm in them wanting to try to improve! no pressure what so ever from us or school! If they don't pass then they both know it's not important at all!
MoJo

Post by MoJo »

My son sat and gained level 6 last year. Year seven has been spent covering the same work!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now