Olympic torch relay

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stroudydad

Olympic torch relay

Post by stroudydad »

Off topic I know but glos based, so who has/ is going to see the torch? Saw it today and have to say It felt quite patriotic...
Glparent

Re: Olympic torch relay

Post by Glparent »

Saw it this evening at Chelt racecourse - amazing turnout & atmosphere and really quite spectacular in an almost understated way. Very proud! And had fab close view of Zara on her slightly skittish horse, topped by such a glorious day & evening! All-round great experience and would highly recommend to all, Olympic fans or not!
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

We saw the torch yeaterday. Briefly. We had a wonderful time in town, dc's waved their flags and we all enjoyed the party atmosphere. Then we stood down by the route to watch the torch go by. Unfortunately for us there were a lot of people near us blocking the view of the torch coming, and by the time I realised that the bus that had gone by was being followed immediately by the torch bearer, it had gone past us. It was moving very quickly at that point so it was a case of blink and you'l miss it. However Dh was further down the route from us(we lost him!) and the torch was going a lot slower by then so he got a good view. Still we had a fun day out in the sunshine....
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

We went to the racecourse too- i am so glad we did- as it was such a fab evening. Dd and ds were so chuffed as Zara Phillips rode right past us and DD took some great photos. All the sports activities were great too DD wants to try out for Hucclecote netball, Gloucester rowing and a gymnastics club.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Well, I was performing at The Racecourse... Hope you all saw me (no one from here came up for a chat)....

Obviously my false beard put you all off the scent :-)
Capers
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

We lined the route, just for it to ............................. speed by on the bus! Neither us nor the dozens of people around us had realised it wouldn't be carried on the bit we were in as it wasn't mentioned in any of the information, it just said that it would go along the road. Wouldn't have been so bad if it had gone a bit slower so we could at least have waved. Gutted frankly and wish we hadn't bothered. Grrr.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Was that in Stroud stressed? I have heard there was some confusion at the top end of beeches green..
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

stroudydad wrote:Was that in Stroud stressed? I have heard there was some confusion at the top end of beeches green..
No it was by the Bath Rd in Cheltenham. Shame there were probs in Stroud too.