Chiddingstone Primary, Churchill Primary Westerham, Weald Pr

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mystery

Chiddingstone Primary, Churchill Primary Westerham, Weald Pr

Post by mystery »

Anyone got any knowledge of these three primary schools? I've got a friend moving into West Kent and wondering where to live, and thought these schools looked like possible places to live near and attend.

I've looked up last year's level 5 results at KS2 and they look respectable. Confusing thing is that despite that, the Churchill Ofsted report (very recent) looks decidely mediocre.

Any inside or second-hand knowledge out there please?
doodles

Re: Chiddingstone Primary, Churchill Primary Westerham, Weal

Post by doodles »

If this is a long term move I think your friend needs to consider secondary provision - now there's a new topic!!

Seriously, I would think that the options from Westerham are fairly limited and I would look into them fairly thoroughly first, however, Westerham is a great place to live but being originally from the town I would say that wouldn't I! A number of DS1's friends come from Chiddingstone Primary and I have had friends go through Weald Primary who've been very happy. Weald also has the added benefit of being that bit nearer Tonbridge and TW, which as we all know can be very important.

I have to say that if I was moving from my dodgy for the 11+ part of Sevenoaks I would definately move towards Weald etc rather than Westerham, however much I would just love to go back there to live. Definately encourage your friend to look at the long term and consider these things as well as the Ofsted reports.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Agree entirely, Chiddingstone is lovely but they tend to go to Sackville in East Grinstead, Oxted School or Indies unless they are high enough scoring for the SS's. All good unless you prefer the Tonbridge or TW grammars.
pudge

Post by pudge »

Hello my daughter is in Year 5 at Churchill Primary in Westerham and she has been very happy there. The school is about to go through quite a change though as the present Head is retiring. I think they were unlucky to get a Grade 3 in the OfSTED inspection but this does mean that OfSTED will be back next year so maybe that's a good thing? KS1 was particularly good although we have some issues re standard of work in KS2 but overall their pastoral skills are very good and the children seem happy. Hope that helps!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Ah yes please that is very helpful. I would like to know more about KS2 at Churchill. They seem to get respectable level 5s.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Please could you PM me Pudge if you think that would be better?
bertalone

Post by bertalone »

Hi, I have two children at Churchill school in Westerham. They've both had a great time there. Although the OFSTED report wasn't fantastic, if you look at the teaching and learning section it came up as good. It is very hard to get into TWGSB though because of the distance and I assume the same is true for the girls schools which go on distance.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now