Any Appeals News In This Area??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Superflygirl

Any Appeals News In This Area??

Post by Superflygirl »

Just wondering how appeals going if anyone has had theirs yet???
Dixon

Re: Any Appeals News In This Area??

Post by Dixon »

I believe they're this week.
Superflygirl

Post by Superflygirl »

There have already been some last week for STRS which makes me think that maybe Pates were before? Anyway I'm on here with the fantastic news that we found out today that our DS WILL be going to Tommies in September - I can breathe a sigh of relief and crack open the champers!!! A place at Crypt will be freed up to all those interested :D
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Dixon wrote:I believe they're this week.
They're between last week & the end of summer term. They tend to be run for each school as close to possible (say between one and three weeks), apart from late appeals, which are heard separately later. The timing is due to availability of panels, clerks & venues and the need to get the decisions out as quickly as possible for each school.
Capers
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

congrats superfly. That's brilliant news. :D I can't remember, was it an over sub appeal? Well done to you all. There is a new parents/starters meeting on June 30th for STRS so pencil that in.
Superflygirl

Post by Superflygirl »

It was a non-qualifying score but there were a few issues on the day which affected his performance and he left out 20 questions on Paper 1!! I was surprised TBH that he reached a qualifying score for Crypt! I followed his dream and on this occasion it paid off! Thanks for the info. We look forward to it :D
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Well done for going for it. Paper 1 was hard. DS was expecting the harder paper second and got a bit worried after how hard the first was! I am not sure why they switched and did harder one first. Not sure which room your DS was in but my son said there were loads of boys going in and out to the loo in his and it put him off with all the doors opening and shutting. Certainly doesn't help. I had drilled him that he wouldn't be able to go out.

Well I am glad it worked out for you. You can relax a bit now. I am not sure if you know but the boys went for a blazer fitting some months ago and we are supposed to collect and pay for them on 30th June. The PTA organised the fitting. Maybe you could give them a ring and try one for size?
Amber

Post by Amber »

We're not going to make the meeting on the 30th, and if this is an issue for anyone else, the admissions officer at STRS is one of the loveliest people you could meet and will sort out all the admin, blazering etc.

Good news SFG! :D
cairo

Post by cairo »

Really pleased to read your news, Superflygirl, and very glad that your son has got the school he wanted. Hope that he's very happy and able to enjoy the rest of the summer term knowing that his school place is sorted. :D
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Well done both but we'll miss you at crypt! X