11+ Appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nannieannie

11+ Appeal

Post by nannieannie »

Hi, My DD scored 209 for Ribston and we have put in an appeal, does anyone know whether we have a good chance of obtaining a place. I know that there were only 112 places offered to children who scored higher than her. We have excellent letters from headteacher and class teacher, SATS all level 5s in Sept 2011.
DC17C

Re: 11+ Appeal

Post by DC17C »

Sounds like you have good evidence of academic ability and only 1 mark off the pass mark. It sounds like a good start I am sure there are others with more experience that can respond- good luck I would have thought the chances were pretty good if 2 under PAN as well. Do you have CAT scores as well to add to the evidence?
nannieannie

Post by nannieannie »

Hi also have CAT scores 121 @ 128 for verbal @ non verbal reasoning respectively
Hope these are good enough
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

There is lots of good advice on the 11+ appeals section - make sure you have looked through this section and taken the advice on board for how to present your appeal. I am no appeals expert but would think you are on the right track.
Orson

Post by Orson »

121 & 128 are very good scores. The latter, however, doesn't count for much in Glos.
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

How did the appeal go? Have you heard any news yet?
icechip

Post by icechip »

I hear there are 50-60 appeals for Ribston. A mum from DD2's school went for her DD's appeal on Fri , and was asked to go back later in the day as the appeal before her was over running. Good luck to all going through appeals, been there with DD1, and know how stressful this time can be.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

icechip wrote:I hear there are 50-60 appeals for Ribston. A mum from DD2's school went for her DD's appeal on Fri , and was asked to go back later in the day as the appeal before her was over running.
I feel very sorry to anyone who that happens to. Parents are pretty nervous to start with, let alone if the appeal is delayed.

The reason for it is that parents have to be given a time for the appeal to start. In Gloucestershire, the appointments are usually 1/2 hour apart (although loo, coffee & lunch breaks are factored in for the panel & clerk). However, there is NO limit on how long an appeal can take; parents are allowed to continue for as long as they need to to get their point across. Of course, the chair of the panel will try & move things along if the arguments start getting circular, but has to be sure that everything has been said that the parents need to say (and of course, the school side as well).

If the clerk knows in advance that an appeal may prove complex (or over run for whatever reason), then they would try & schedule for that.

The panel will do all they can to make up time. In the past I've missed coffee & loo breaks & cut lunch to 15 mins; skipping a coffee is a small price to pay to keep stress of the parents to a minimum!
Capers
nannieannie

Post by nannieannie »

Stil waiting for outcome of appeal, very stressed
platypus

Post by platypus »

r
Last edited by platypus on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now