Appeal result

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Banksy

Appeal result

Post by Banksy »

Our Ribston appeal was unsuccessful.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributes to these forums. The wealth of experience and knowledge on here is incredible and how readily you all share with one another is heartwarming. Thank you also to those who PM'd me and to Sally-Anne who helped me out in a crisis!

Good luck to all those still waiting for results.
gloucestermum

Re: Appeal result

Post by gloucestermum »

So sorry to hear that news Banksy-I see there were 63 appeals this year.
Do you have a decent alternative school?

GM
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

She will be going to Churchdown and I know she will do fantastically well there.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I am really sorry to hear it is bad news for you and your dd Banksy- what a horrible process to go through - so looking forward to doing it all again with DS this year.....not!!!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Churchdown is a good school-most of my DS's friends went there and they are doing really well. We are lucky in Gloucestershire to have such decent alternative schools...... :)
totally_gutted

Post by totally_gutted »

Banksy
Sorry to hear your news, but at least you gave it your best shot. With the number of appeals for Ribston this year it was always going to be tough and I'm sure that the panel had some really tough decisions to make.
Good luck to your DD at Churchdown x
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Banksy -I'm sorry to hear your news. You must feel exhausted. How has your dd taken the news? A lot of my friends children are at church down and are happy (most important) and achieving well. The arts are fabulous there and bright children really noticed and fostered. I agree with your prediction that she will thrive there but what a journey you have been on. I hope you can in some way relax now. Best wishes x
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Thanks everyone.

Yes we tried and have no regrets but it is an exhausting, all-consuming experience.

DD is very disappointed but will bounce back and move forward because that is her nature. She knows we did all we could.

It is a relief to be at the end of the process now and yes, time to relax. Pass the bottle .......
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Just caught up with this and wanted to wish you and DD luck Banksy. I am sure it will all go well and at least now you can forget about it and look forward to the future.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now