An moan about appeals system

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

It'sme!

An moan about appeals system

Post by It'sme! »

I've finally got my appeal date through for Sale. It is the same week as my daughters induction day at Wellington. She won't be the only child in this position, and I just think it is bordering on, sorry, *IS* extremely cruel for the children. They will be going along to what is supposed to be an opportunity to not only spend a day in what will be their new school and meet their new classmates, but will be unable to do so with any certainty in their minds. I also suspect that the small minority who end up with successful appeals will have missed their Grammar School induction day also.
I really don't understand why appeals cannot be heard between results day and allocation day......particulary in the case of in-catchment children.
I feel I need to lodge a complaint. Does anyone know where it should go to? Would it be direct to the school's admissions people or to Trafford?
ticktock

Re: An moan about appeals system

Post by ticktock »

x
Last edited by ticktock on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It'sme!

Post by It'sme! »

Thank you :)

Don't worry. I don't think even I am mad enough to complain just yet :wink:

I have been completely honest with her about everything. I have been the child in this situation so she couldn't have anyone who understands more than me. Just brought myself to look at the schools papers and it would appear their current allocated numbers are 163 and their PAN is 180. What an up and down head mess this is!

My daughter actually said she doesn't want me to win the appeal as she would then have to choose bewteen the 2. She genuinely doesn't know which she would choose. This could all be avoided if the appeals were before allocation day.

Graham Brady will be getting a nice little letter through his letter box from me too! I just wish she could either go along to Wellington knowing that this is what it will be like in September, or just not go at all....................
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

You have my complete sympathy as we are in a similar position. Our DC will be away with the new entry year group on an induction trip for two days when the appeal decision letter is due to come through. All we could do was say to enjoy the trip for the current allocated school and that if the appeal did end up successful they would get another trip in September as well and to look at it as a bonus.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now