AWorriedfather s QE -Appeal need a Big help

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
AWorriedfather

AWorriedfather s QE -Appeal need a Big help

Post by AWorriedfather »

Hi Good Morning All

Apologies for my bad typing in the last post!!!!!! which is gone Under the post [Author
Faithful] "Appeals.... what evidence might impress "

Please be gentle with me because English language is not my first language.
I am one of the very upset AWorriedfather whose child narrowly missed the magic I would like your sound advice Thanks in advance for your time and kind and honest advice, I will consider before taking it further but we are Not ready to give up yet! We are really really proud that DSs did so well considering. Just hoping that our circumstances are extenuating enough/strong for Re and Re -appeal The school presents contradictory information to us in preparing the case which remains unresolved at the time of the appeal, including the cases of ranking information requested not been provided Clerk was untouchable where to go, What do you think Etienne, please ?

Manythanks in advance once again
Etienne

Re: AWorriedfather s QE -Appeal need a Big help

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to the Appeals section, AWorriedfather, and rest assured that I did see your other post. It's just that we're very busy at the moment.

It's a good idea, though, to have started your own thread. :)

What was it that you were unable to contact the clerk about?

It would help to have more details about the contradictory information regarding the school's case.

If you'd like to send a copy of the decision letter to our Appeals Box, we'll take a look when we can find time:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =35&t=9907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
AWorriedfather

Post by AWorriedfather »

What was it that you were unable to contact the clerk about?
It would help to have more details about the contradictory information regarding the school's case.]

Firstly Dear Etienne, thank you very much for your prompt response on the even your day off Sunday and I am so sorry to spoiling your week end .
I have just posted to you all most every thing even you might don't need to look at it sorry.

• Before submitting the appeal, information about the number of students per year over the last five years was requested last people admitted to the school's distance from home to the school was requested . This was, however, not provided and we were not advised where it could be obtained which adversely affected the preparing of the appeal.

Same letter was Cc to the Clerk to the Admission Appeals panel with the proof of posting no reply and no direct adders was informed. I went to the first time in my life in a four/ five star's hotel's room for Appeal and was so embarrassed to ask to the Clerk for acknowledgement for the letter to her.

Going to work now, and thank you for the hard work in advance.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear AWorriedfather

Having reviewed the papers, I would make the following observations:

1. It's interesting to note that extenuating circumstances are not even mentioned in the latest Code of Practice.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=24978" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. This is not to say that the panel cannot take into account any extenuating circumstances (as indeed they appear to have done), but it is likely to mean that the main focus will be on academic evidence of very high ability.

3. It is not possible to challenge the panel's judgement, however strongly we might disagree with it. I'm afraid the only grounds for complaint would be a procedural error so serious as to cause an injustice.

4. The questions you wanted to raise related to the admissions process, so these needed to be dealt with by the school. Even if you had succeeded in contacting the clerk, the correct procedure would have been for her to hand the questions on to the school.

5. Technically the school would seem to have breached para. 2.8 of the Code ("Admission authorities must comply with reasonable requests from parents for information which they need to help them prepare their case for appeal") by not responding fully to your letter of 13th May.

However, it's not clear to me whether this caused an injustice, because it depends to what extent you were disadvantaged in your preparations for the appeal. (The distance of the last pupil to be admitted in recent years, for example, might be of interest - but it is not strictly relevant to this year's admission round. Moreover, if there was only one pupil on the cut-off score in a particular year, no distance would have been used, because there would have been no need for a tie-breaker.)

6. I'm sorry that I don't understand the issue to do with ranking. I think this is something you probably need to try and talk to the school about.

7. The decision letter is better than most I get to see, and broadly speaking it meets all legal requirements.
Etienne
AWorriedfather

Post by AWorriedfather »

Dear Etienne,

Thank you for taking the time and I sincerely appreciate the time you spent reviewing my case recommending your comprehensive in detailed review and advice this is a very helpful and gave me a new perspective on available opportunities. Sorry for delayed in thanking you due to finishing work late.

Kind regards
AWorriedfather

Post by AWorriedfather »

Dear All
If any one succeed in appeal stage then how would they maintain the total number 180? does it mean that the wait listed pupil lose their priority? or would they drop out any of the admitted pupils from the bottom of the merit list ???????????????????????????.

Thank you all
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
AWorriedfather

Post by AWorriedfather »

Great Etienne,

greatly appreciated
AWorriedfather

Post by AWorriedfather »

Dear Etienne,

Im very happy in the position to say that DS has got through the waiting list - Brilliant! The letter came through from the local authority today,

You and the forums users and all the people who advised and helped they all are marvellous.
Once agiain special thanks :) to you and also others who encoraged me including Mangomum, Daogroupie ,Looking forward to hearing good news esp. from Watermelon, hopefull123 and best wishes to all others on the waiting list
I am posting this message also on qe waiting list side.
Desperately waiting for help to change my username; i leave it to Etienne.
Marvellous : :lol:
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Hello !

What a relief for you ! So pleased to hear such fantastic news-now you can enjoy the summer...if it ever arrives.

Congratulations

Tigger
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now