Allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Allocation

Post by Guest »

I understand that allocations will take place on 1st March. Does anyone know how this is communicated to the parents? Do Bucks post letters on 1st March or do they sned the letters to the schools?

Thanks.
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Hi Guest,
I'm not in Bucks, I'm (lancs) but I've emailed my lea this morning to see if they've sent the letters out 1st class today,or if they're sending them out tomorrow.
Anyway I haven't received a reply yet :?

I bet they're choccablock with irrate parents like myself all asking the same damn question :twisted:

But I hope you agree it is an awful long wait for a school place, since the date the form had to be back on October 21st 2005!!!!!

Footymad.

I think I'll have to do rehab after this escapade is over!! :x
Jed

Post by Jed »

Bucks send the letters to the parent's home address. Last year many letters didn't arrive on the 2nd as expected and out-of-county allocations were a complete mess. However, Bucks CC had the excuse of that being the first year of the new "national allocation day" system and maybe these were teething problems.

We'll wait and see!

Post by Guest »

Birmingham sends it first class on 1 March, having put the form in on 30th September. Shame on them.

Disgusted from Birmingham
Jed

Post by Jed »

Just rang Bucks admission. They say they will post allocations first class on March 1.
HP

Post by HP »

Rang Herts yesterday, letters are sent out on 1st March. Online applicants can view their allocation sometime late afternoon of 1st March and at around the same time e-mail notifications get sent. Herts wouldn't specify what constitutes "late-afternoon" as they don't want everyone logging on at once or their system will crash as I understand was the case last year :roll:

HP
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Just got my reply email off lancs lea, they are posting(presume that means that they ain't gone yet!)the letters 1st class today.

They informed me that hopefully! I should receive mine tomorrow.

Can't wait! :?

Footymad
Jed

Post by Jed »

Message for Footymad and others

Last year's experience in Oxfordshire/Bucks shows that you shouldn't despair too much if you don't get your out-of-county preference. Last year there was a complete mix-up with out-of-county and many schools were still reserving places for in-county pupils who had, in turn, been offered other higher preferences - sometimes back across the same border! Parents then scrambled to get their names onto the individual schools waiting lists and there was a significant flurry in the first few days while things sorted themselves out.

We're already poised with the tel number of our first choice (out-of-county) school.

Hope it works out for you. At least you'll be able to post the result on this board and then get back to real life!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Jed

Totally agree.

Never take your name off the waiting list even if you are way down. I know of children who have in the past wanted places at Desborough and Newlands [ Berkshire comps, parents did not want Bucks uppers] They were in the sixties on the list, but eventually got their places towards the end of the summer holidays! Unpleasant wait, but they achieved their goal.

The numbers are always changing

Don't despair.

Patricia
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Wow, Footymad, tomorrow is the big day for you. Really hope it goes well!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now