Mapping of IPS questions v Susan Daughtery?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ruthb

Mapping of IPS questions v Susan Daughtery?

Post by ruthb »

Hello

I've been reading the forum/posts and understand that for Bucks there are 21 questions types and IPS is the best source for these.

However, has anyone mapped the Susan Daughtery types to the IPS types of question as I'd be interested to see the cross-over.

Thanks very much.

Ruth
--
Mother of a year 5 Bucks Pupil!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Ruth

Susan Daughtrey 'tries' to map her Bright Spark series over to her method and technique books, but sadly, is not close enough for me.

I started the 'mapping' but cant find one of the books, guess I will have to go and buy it!

There is no point in buying these books, they are in standard form [multiple choice is approached very differently] There are far too many types [40 plus with the abc] and many that are similar, are just NOT similar enough, so why waste your money?

Keep to her Bright Sparks only. If you want a method and technique get the IPS version or just ask how to, on this forum. There are a number of useful tips in the tips section

Patricia

The following link may be of some use...

viewtopic.php?t=2272
ruthb

Post by ruthb »

Hi Patricia

OK - thanks very much for the tips - much appreciated.

Thanks, Ruth
CJS

Post by CJS »

If anyone does have the mapping I would be grateful because my daughter needs a bit more help on a couple of the types and I have some of her books from when my boys used them a few years ago. She has done the IPS types but needed a little bit more single type practice.
patricia

Post by patricia »

CJS wrote: She has done the IPS types but needed a little bit more single type practice.
Dear CJS

What do you mean by 'the single type practice?'

Which type does your daughter need more help on?

Patricia
CJS

Post by CJS »

As I have some old Susan Daughtery books I thought I'd use them. I know that they have very limited use for Bucks 11+ (except Bright Sparks).
My daughter needs a little more help with types C, F, G(for speed),P, K, N, M, U. By 'single type' I meant individual types eg type K.
patricia

Post by patricia »

CJS wrote:As I have some old Susan Daughtery books I thought I'd use them. I know that they have very limited use for Bucks 11+ (except Bright Sparks).
My daughter needs a little more help with types C, F, G(for speed),P, K, N, M, U. By 'single type' I meant individual types eg type K.
Dear CJS

If you want more help with these types, then you are better off with the method and techniqes book by IPS

Should you need more practice then you may wish to buy IPS, Additional Questions

Meanwhile, follows links on to how to approach types K, N, M and F [all found in the Tips section]

viewtopic.php?t=620 k

viewtopic.php?t=588 m

viewtopic.php?t=518&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

5th post down

viewtopic.php?t=1150

Hope this helps for now

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Congratulations again dear Patricia on your 1,000th post!

(At long flippin' last!)

Sally-Anne
CJS

Post by CJS »

Dearest, Loveliest Lady P
I feel priviledged that it was I, Captain Jack, who got you to the BIG 1000. I could take you anywhere, to the next millenium and further. As you know, I delve in magic so if you were to have 3 wishes, what would they be? Your wish is my command!

Sorry to spoil it all, but also your advise on the difficult types is just what I needed! Also, I too adore CJS!