application forms

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rubyfour

application forms

Post by rubyfour »

Hi, can some one please give me the links for king edwards girls grammar school in handsworth and also Queen mary Walsal. Thanks
KE hopeful

Re: application forms

Post by KE hopeful »

Hi rubyfour,

Don't know about QM; the form for KE Handsworth can be found on this site: http://www.kingedwardthesixth.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is one form for the five KE Foundation schools in Birmingham.

Good luck.
rubyfour

Post by rubyfour »

Thank you very much. i am a little worried as i have judt decided to put my daughtar through. She is very bright, but we have not done verbal and non verbal reasoning before. :?
KE hopeful

Post by KE hopeful »

I wouldn't worry - if she is truly very bright she should get through. There is no real verbal reasoning and the exams seem to come up with new style questions all the time. An aptitude for Maths and a very good vocabulary are the key things you need to get through the test. And in the end you have nothing to lose ... and at least you will get the results this year before you make your selections.
rubyfour

Post by rubyfour »

That is true. I am quite anxious about it all though as you really want to do your best by them. Do you have a child sitting a test this year?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

KE hopeful

Post by KE hopeful »

No, I am all finished now. DD got into first choice Camp Hill, and DS has just got into Five Ways off the waiting list, so huge relief.

Both were among the top in their classes and didn't have private tutors, only followed advice off this site and did practice at home. From what came up in the tests, a lot of what I did with DD was unnecessary. I did less with DS. I think the Maths practice was the most useful, and both children were big readers anyway which helped them with their vocabulary.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now