travel to RGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

travel to RGS

Post by Guest »

hello everyone,
we live in maidenhead and my son is going to try for RGS i was just wondering if somebody else from maidenhead is also going to/ trying for the same school. regarding JH trvel arrangement i am aware. i checked RGS website it says pupils from reserved areas are entitled for free bus service. so what does reserve area means? is it catchment area. if yes then i would be very thankful if someone can give bit more information about this. if he gets addmission in RGS and as we live in maidenhead is it possible that my son can catch the school bus from nearest pickup point may be near Marlow or so? if someone knows the nearest pick up point please could you mention it? all help is much appericaited.thanks
Hilda

Transport

Post by Hilda »

Look at the buckscc.gov.uk website. Then click on education, then schools, then transport. There is a link there that has a map for the reserved area for RGS. RGS is unusual in that the reserved area for transport is NOT the same as the catchment area. The web site also comments that:

"* If you are not entitled to free transport but we are already arranging for transport from your area to the school, you may be able to take up any spare places on the existing service. You will have to pay a ‘discretionary fare’ for the journey and we can't guarantee that a place will always be available.

For more information call 01296 383956. "

My experience is that the transport team are very helpful. If you explain that you are thinking listing RGS, but transport issues may affect where you rank the school in your preference list, I'm sure they will help. They will be able to tell you what bus routes exist at the moment, and whether there are spaces on your nearest bus this year. They won't make any promises for next year, because it all depends on numbers.

thanks

Post by Guest »

thanks hilda. i will try to talk to the transport department and post the information. thanks