Non selective prep schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Non selective prep schools

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone,

My daughter is struggling in year 3 but not enough to be statemented etc. She does get some help. What she needs are small classes and more help we can afford private for the next 3 years if we cash in our savings. This would hopefully bring her up to at least the mid point by the time she reaches secondary school. Are there any non selective prep schools in the Sutton / Surrey areas that any one can recommend ?

Thanks

Kaz
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

There is Seaton House in Sutton, further afield in Surrey there is Manor House, St Teresa's both in Effingham and Notre Dame in Cobham. For Notre Dame there is a school bus that picks up girls from New Malden area, not sure where it starts from. The last three have a senior school aswell.

Post by Guest »

Thanks so much will have a look at them online

Kaz
bakersdozen

Post by bakersdozen »

You could also try Claremont in Esher - it has a good reputation for helping children who are not achieving therir best in state schools.
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

Thanks bakersdozen will check them out, although logistically a bit far from me to be practical.

Kaz
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

Further to earlier posts, just had daughters year 3 report worse than I thought!! She has only managed to achieve level 1's so no real improvement in a year. The school now believe she may have dyslexia and are referring her to an Ed Psych but this will be several months off. Going to get our own assessment aswell.

Spoken to a lot of prep schools but she is too far behind for her to fit in several mentioned we look at Stowford College in Sutton, does anyone have any views on this school or advice in general I'd be grateful.

Will post in the Ind section as well.

Kaz
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now