CCHS Open Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Araucana

CCHS Open Day

Post by Araucana »

Just wondering whether it makes any difference which time you turn up for this Thursday for the open evening at CCHS - my dh wants to come with myself and dd but I just know he will run late and we won't make it until 6.30pm at the earliest if we wait for him. I don't want to find I can't park, can't get on a tour and it is a complete cattle market because we have gone for the later time!

Any thoughts from those who have been to a few of these events. I've never been to a secondary open evening before. I know it is different this year as CCHS is only doing the one evening so hard to tell how it would be.
Anyone else going and any thoughts on the best time to go?

Thanks

Andrea
Minesatea

Re: CCHS Open Day

Post by Minesatea »

Assuming you are talking about Colchester.

Parking should not be too much of a problem. However the year seven girls giving the tours have been told that they finish at 7pm (when the talks start in the hall) so I would think it unlikely you will get a tour much after 6:30pm
mclm

Post by mclm »

It's also ChCHS open eve on Thursday. Parking in Rectory Lane should be fine (better later as commuters free up space!) to be honest, it's always really busy regardless of time Years 7&8 are doing tours so should be plenty of girls to show you round.
Araucana

Post by Araucana »

Minesatea wrote:Assuming you are talking about Colchester.

Parking should not be too much of a problem. However the year seven girls giving the tours have been told that they finish at 7pm (when the talks start in the hall) so I would think it unlikely you will get a tour much after 6:30pm
No Chelmsford - We are not going to Colchester, decided that that is a bit too far for dd, I think their open evening is not until July.
Araucana

Post by Araucana »

mclm wrote:It's also ChCHS open eve on Thursday. Parking in Rectory Lane should be fine (better later as commuters free up space!) to be honest, it's always really busy regardless of time Years 7&8 are doing tours so should be plenty of girls to show you round.
Do you know whether the tickets for the tours disappear quite quickly- just worried if we turn up too late that we might not get a ticket for a tour, given that it is first come first served. I had it in the back of my mind that if we went primarily for a slightly earlier session, if we didn't get tickets for that we would still have the next one :roll:
mclm

Post by mclm »

It's usually only the head's speech you need tickets for. The tours run as long as possible and there isn't normally a problem. Having said that, I don't know the structure this year, it may have changed, so apologies if I'm giving any misinformation !
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Sorry - misread its Colchester's Induction evening on thursday.
Araucana

Post by Araucana »

mclm wrote:It's usually only the head's speech you need tickets for. The tours run as long as possible and there isn't normally a problem. Having said that, I don't know the structure this year, it may have changed, so apologies if I'm giving any misinformation !
That makes sense, maybe I will wait for dh to come then, we shall see :D Thank you.
Araucana

Post by Araucana »

Minesatea wrote:Sorry - misread its Colchester's Induction evening on thursday.
No worries, I only know the open days, wish I was looking at Induction evenings :wink:
ahap

Post by ahap »

I am going for the 4.15 p.m one, DD is going in uniform, will there be children in uniform or will she be the only one? :roll:
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now