CE grades and equivalent NC levels

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tigger2

CE grades and equivalent NC levels

Post by tigger2 »

Hi...I have tried to look everywhere for this but to no avail . With regard CE grades can anyone give me an idea what the likely Sats NC level range would be for grades A+ through to C please? Many thanks in advance. Tigger
Waiting_For_Godot

Re: CE grades and equivalent NC levels

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

tigger2 wrote:Hi...I have tried to look everywhere for this but to no avail . With regard CE grades can anyone give me an idea what the likely Sats NC level range would be for grades A+ through to C please? Many thanks in advance. Tigger
This is difficult because each CE school grades it's papers differently. So an A at Radley won't be an A at Eton.
Yummiemummie

Post by Yummiemummie »

Yes WFG is correct. The papers are marked by the senior school applied for and graded according to their cohort of applicants.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

They are also based on different content ...
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Many thanks Waiting for Godot.....I am very grateful. My Ds only started at an indie last year and I was worried that I simply did not know enough about CE- now I know without a shadow of a doubt that I know nothing !!! We have to think about independent and state options for year 9 and ds has just sat practice CE papers . His marks have just been advised and I wanted to consider our options. You will probably fall on the floor laughing now but I have to ask....do every senior school set their own CE paper or is it the same paper? I have searched for info but have failed miserably. Many thanks in advance, Tigger
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

The schools that have CE all have identical papers. A few schools have their own entrance exam - Winchester for example - so worth checking. Headmasters should tell you the average percentage required to pass. 55% for many schools and the most selective are 70-80%. Some will take an average percentage as long as core subjects are good enough.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Thank you so much for this- a huge help

Tigger
x
Yummiemummie

Post by Yummiemummie »

Google ISEB and there's some good info on their website.
My DD did 11 plus CE, all papers were identical and taken on the same day throughout the country. Her prep school agreed to invigilate even though they set their own exam for their own senior school.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Sorry ...a very belated thanks to all that replied...I have been very 'under the weather' and have not had the energy to pursue this line of enquiry until now !! We have to consider 13+ possibilities both indie and state gs for dc. If we had to show CE grades to a state gs for possible admission/appeal I have been told that they would need to know the equivalent NC level. Have tried the ISEB site but no luck...any other ideas would be gratefully received !

Tigger