successfull outcome

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kent mother

successfull outcome

Post by kent mother »

:D
Just a short post to wish all of you awaiting appeals the very best of luck. We heard yesterday that we were successful !! Three long months of indicision finally have come to an end! Our appeal went very well, with full support from the school and strong extenuating circumstances (illness) prior to and during the exam week. We still felt negative with a maths total core of 104 far short of the required 115/120 margin in Kent.
However,are daughters strong lliteracy abilities it seems have sustained
her. Don't give up,believe in your case and back up all of your statements with academic evidence.

GOOD lUCK TO ALL!!
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

CONGRATULATIONS Kent Mother!

and Well Done to your daughter.

I wish her all the best for her new school.

AM
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news!! Well done and thanks for letting everyone know
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Well done Kent Mum! Congratulations to you and your daughter.

As you say, the Maths score was quite low, so you obviously did a very effective job at the Appeal. If you have the time to stick around and advise others I am sure you will be a very valuable asset to the Forum.

Sally-Anne
Tired Mum

Post by Tired Mum »

Congratulations Kent Mum and daughter.

Such a relief...now I wonder? Can you just keep your fingers crossed a little longer for another Kent/Bromley Mum still waiting? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You must have done an excellent job at appeal and I hope (am sure) that your daughter is very proud of you and has learned that if you truly believe in something (someone) and do the background work; then fight with conviction you will succeed.

Don't forget to pop into rehab for a bottle or two.

TM
Gemma

Post by Gemma »

Very well done Kent Mum

This is fantastic news! we also have just succeeded in a Kent appeal despite a Maths score of 107. Did your child do well in the nvr? Isn't this supposed to be linked to Maths and Science abilities? Congratulations anyway, sounds like you did a great job proving how deserving your child is.

Wishing you Happiness at the new School
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Well done KentMum

Really pleased for you and have to say this has made me think as my daughter got 140 NVR, 134 VR but 106 Maths. We would have appealed but she was successful in being accepted at another school which ultimately was best for her however I have wondered how we might have done on appeal (no extenuating circumstances) but this has given me some food for thought.

However you have secured the best for your daughter and we have for ours and this is what we all want for our children, so many many congratulations.

NKM
cscistars

Kent Mum

Post by cscistars »

Congratulations it gives some of us hope. My son has scores of 139 nvr 137 vr and 108 maths with an appeal next week only prob is the school is already oversubcribed with a strong letter from the Head as to why they can't go over PAN!
garden of england

Re: successfull outcome

Post by garden of england »

excellent news indeed Kent mother!

great to hear a success story :D

interested in knowing if you were challenged / questioned at the appeal about the possibility of a re sit due to illness at the time of the exam. if so what happened

Re: successfull outcome

Post by Guest »

kent mother wrote::D
Just a short post to wish all of you awaiting appeals the very best of luck. We heard yesterday that we were successful !! Three long months of indicision finally have come to an end! Our appeal went very well, with full support from the school and strong extenuating circumstances (illness) prior to and during the exam week. We still felt negative with a maths total core of 104 far short of the required 115/120 margin in Kent.
However,are daughters strong lliteracy abilities it seems have sustained
her. Don't give up,believe in your case and back up all of your statements with academic evidence.

GOOD lUCK TO ALL!!

I mean congrats and everything on getting through - But seriously, how on earth can a child who achieves a score of 104 in maths, ill or not, be accepted against another child who scores were 114??? How can a panel be confident that the 'ill child' can sustain the standards required, compared to a child who missed by 1 mark and has strong historical evidence through his NFER scores?? Plus very high VR scores.

It really does make me wish I had made my son go to the doctors feigning illness in order to get a doctors letter.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now