Nonsuch Open Eve tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

surreymummy

Nonsuch Open Eve tomorrow

Post by surreymummy »

Unfortunately we are not able to visit Nonsuch tomorrow as DD has her school play. Luckily we went last year when she was in year 4 and were very impressed. I have heard that there is now a new head and the deputy has also left. I would appreciate any comments from visitors tomorrow, in particular, with views on how the new head comes across and any comparisons with Wallington.
Thanks
sidsid

Re: Nonsuch Open Eve tomorrow

Post by sidsid »

Are you sure there is a new head? My daughter goes there and as far as I know they have not appointed anyone. The deputy I think you talking about is due to leave at the end of this term.
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Surreymummy,

The headmistress has left and the school is currently being led by a leadership team consisting of two acting heads and two deputies. The previous head, who was at the school for many years, is also acting as a consultant. A new head is unlikely to be in place until some time in 2013. Although the gap between heads is not desirable, it was unavoidable as Mrs Rowsell left the school very suddenly (although she officially leaves in August.)

One of the deputies is leaving the school to become headmistress at Wallington.

To be honest, I doubt that we will see a huge change at the school in the intervening period. Hopefully the new head (whoever he/she is) won't change anything too drastically as it's a fantastic school as it is. I would strongly recommend it to anyone :D
surreymummy

Post by surreymummy »

Thanks sidsid and 2outof3 for clarifying the situation re Nonsuch's leadership team and the reassurance that you do not think much will change.
Yes the deputy leaving Nonsuch is Walington's soon-to-be head - I was very impressed by her when she spoke briefly at Wallington's Open Eve.
victoria123

Post by victoria123 »

I have to say that I was really disappointed by Non Such open evening. I found it badly organised and was less than impressed by certain members of staff. The girls seem pleasant enough but lacked enthusiasm - may be because it was the end of the day??? :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now