Nearly finished bond NVR what next please?

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Zoe22

Nearly finished bond NVR what next please?

Post by Zoe22 »

My ds has nearly finished the bond NVR. He's on the 10-11+ now and I see him finishing that very soon. He's just finishing year 3, and so 11 plus is still quite a while away. Just wondering if I should go on to another book entirely.

Ps we're in Essex and from what I gather, he's not going to sit an exam in NVR anyway, but we just do it cos he really enjoys it and he seems to be very good at it!

Also for the VR he's nearly completed the 9-10, and he's been getting very high scores on those too, so do I move on to the next level of bond or try a different book at the same level.

I noticed people don't really use bond assessment papers on this forum, is it because it's a bit too easy?

Can someone please advise on what other books to get him to practice with.

Thanks.
Daogroupie

Re: Nearly finished bond NVR what next please?

Post by Daogroupie »

Depends on the school you are interested in but I would use Ahthey GL, Alpha and IPS. We did not use Bond because we needed material that was closest to the exam material. DG
Zoe22

Post by Zoe22 »

Thanks. I guess I should find out on the Essex forum since we'd probably apply to schools in Essex.

I never knew you had to use specific books for specific schools. Thanks for the information.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Books have their own styles and so do school exam papers. Bond books are good as they are able to be used little and often. IPS have maths papers that are designed in the same style with just a page full of questions. If you know what schools you are interested in then post in the Essex forum and ask for advice as to what papers are closest. CSSE sell past papers. DG
janet71

Post by janet71 »

Have a go at the letts success book 6 they are only a few quid on the "big river in sth america"
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

"big river in sth america"
It's perfectly Ok to say Amazon
:D
ChessDadPlus

Post by ChessDadPlus »

Daogroupie wrote:Depends on the school you are interested in but I would use Ahthey GL, Alpha and IPS. We did not use Bond because we needed material that was closest to the exam material. DG
What would one use to align/match closely to the forthcoming CEM in the Midlands/Shropshire?
ginx

Post by ginx »

Which book is best for Warwickshire? We've only used Bond. My dd does quite well. I can't do them at all!

But if we've done the wrong books, we need to know now! It's not long now ...