Sir Thomas Fremantle

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jemima

Sir Thomas Fremantle

Post by jemima »

The new school for Winslow has been approved by the DFES and the founding committee are delighted and very excited - we found out this morning.
Guest55

Re: Sir Thomas Fremantle

Post by Guest55 »

No Headteacher yet though remark removed by a moderator

I'm surprised that given he has resigned that the group did not have to resubmit -

What has been done to reassure local people re the traffic?
jemima

Post by jemima »

Hi,
Most steering groups wouldn't have a head teacher at the submission stage or at this point in the procedure.
We had lots of advice from a designated principal but we will appoint a headteacher at the appropriate time. Walking to school will be priority issue and any transport from outer villages will park away from school in order to facilitate this. Further information covering frequently asked questions will be posted on the website from Tuesday. There is so much information we can now share - I am sure you will understand that we couldn't really do much before he approval.
Thanks for your interest.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

My removed comment was factually accurate ...

Really can't see how anyone will apply in October without a Headteacher in post.

Where will people park? I am told that there is very little parking available. How will delivery lorries get down to the school as I understand the adjacent roads are full of parked cars?
jemima

Post by jemima »

The Dfes did a site survey for the school but of course as yet we don't know if they've approved the site. The concept of the school is approved. All the latest information will be on our website from Tuesday and onwards. We have a forum on the site and will be really pleased when concerns/ideas are raised on it as we can then really tailor the details to the needs of the local community.