Which is the better one?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rubyfour

Which is the better one?

Post by rubyfour »

Hi,
My daughtar will be sitting the Queen Marys Grammar school Test and also the King Edward Girls grammar school in Handsworth. She is my first child going to a secondary school. I really hope she passes her test as she is a bright little girl. I was just wondering which is the better school as they are both not too far from where i live. I would be very interested to hear any sugguestions. Thanks
nervousmom

Re: Which is the better one?

Post by nervousmom »

Hi, I don`t know which is the best. My son is the first of mine to go to secondary school and we are looking at KE Five Ways, KES and AGS.

The way I see it, all grammer schools are good schools and all grammer schools are better than most comprehensive schools!

I don`t think you will go wrong which ever you choose!

Good luck.
um

Post by um »

It really isn't about deciding which school is the 'better' or 'best' school, but about deciding which school is best for our child, as an individual.

King Edward's Camp Hill might be the 'best' school for one girl, and Sutton Coldfield Girls' Grammar the 'best' school for another girl.

I would take your time to make a list of what is important for your daughter, and what her main needs and wishes are, and spend time talking to staff and pupils and looking at information given, to work out which is best.

For example, my local Primary (round the corner) has pretty good results, but is squashed into a corner of a busy roundabout with barely any playground space and not a stem of grass. It was extremely important to me that my children attend a Primary school with lots of outdoor space, trees and a field, so I have driven them long distance twice a day for years. Another parent would say that going to a local school with local friends is more important - everyone has their own priorities.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

In terms of results there's not much in them

Walsall results here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/educa ... m?compare=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Birmingham results here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/educa ... m?compare=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The "better" one is the one that's suits your child's personality and needs of you as a family. It was this factor, from visiting Open Days and discussing with current pupils and their parents, that allowed us to arrive at our choice.
rubyfour

Post by rubyfour »

Thank you very much for you kind advice.