Where are the test centres?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
madparent

Where are the test centres?

Post by madparent »

I know we're only just about to start summer hols :lol: , but I am of course thinking about the exam in September.....Can anyone help by letting me know where the likely test centres are? Thanks.
Warks mum

Re: Where are the test centres?

Post by Warks mum »

As far as I'm aware the test centres are the grammar schools - unless it's changed this year. I'm not sure how they are allocated, though. My DD went to KES for her tests.
madparent

Post by madparent »

Thanks Warks mum.
koala

Post by koala »

In 2010 there were nearly 1300 who took exam for the three South Warks schools so there must have been a fair number of test centres. My DC took the exam in a Studley school, (I think it was Studley High) a friend took his at Henley High, another at AGS. As these were the nearest schools to where each of us live, I presume they use the local high schools and you are allocated the nearest one to where each candidate lives or the school they currently attend.

Candidates were allocated places by school. So all the children from my DC's school were in one row from the front to the back of the hall. There were 13 children from their school in their row and a few more in other rows, and about 8 or 9 rows so approx 100 - 140 children in the hall.

Koala
madparent

Post by madparent »

Thanks Koala. Great info. 1300 - that is a scary number! Not sure where we might end up as we live in Leamington.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

madparent wrote:Thanks Koala. Great info. 1300 - that is a scary number! Not sure where we might end up as we live in Leamington.
Given that the total admissions to ALL the South Warwickshire schools (not just the grammars) for 2012 was only 1431 then that 1300 probably included quite a few who would have the Birmingham grammars as first preference though and were using the test as either a free mock or a fallback option. There might be a bit less of that this year as the Warwickshire and Birmingham tests are on the same day and it's the Warwickshire one they would do second (a week later) if taking both.
ginx

Post by ginx »

When do we hear where the test centres are?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now