Interesting figures...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dottie1974

Interesting figures...

Post by dottie1974 »

Now this isn't meant to start a debate about whether out of county applicants should sit the Kent Test or not, however I was surprised that is was 1 in 5 takers were from out of county.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/ ... hools.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suppose that this figure is meaningless though really as it could be 'out of area' by just over the county border or 1000 kilometres, they would all be clumped together for the purpose of the newspaper report.

Maybe I was naive to these figures as I am in the east of Kent where there are no superselectives etc
pheasantchick

Re: Interesting figures...

Post by pheasantchick »

I think overall though, I think there is a net export of pupils. ie more Kent children go across the border then come in from out-of-county.eg. to Medway I guess if I lived near a border, I would be tempted to take the test also, or at least, get my child to sit it!
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

We're in Maidstone and lucky to have 'two bites of the cherry' with the option of the Kent and Medway test. If DD passes both she will go to a Maidstone School. It's good to have a back-up plan though.
dottie1974

Post by dottie1974 »

If I lived closer to Medway then I would certainly look at doing the Medway Test too.

Hmm I feel a Freedom of Information request to KCC is needed to ask how many Kent children are educated in 'out of area' schools - would they hold his information do you think?