Heatwave

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RationalityRules

Heatwave

Post by RationalityRules »

Anyone else finding that the heatwave means that you're spending all day and evening outside until it's too late to worry about (or care about) verbal reasoning and maths????

Really hoping it's not just me. :D
hermanmunster

Re: Heatwave

Post by hermanmunster »

What heatwave?
suzanne

Post by suzanne »

Well it was 30 degrees here yesterday and at 06.53 now 17 degrees outside. I believe it's going to cool down though.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Oh, Herman, surely you have some sunshine in Yorkshire. It's been lovely in South Bucks although I did venture north of Watford Gap yesterday and it wasn't so hot. I understand the rain is due to arrive in time for the opening ceremony :roll:
scary mum
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

All I know is it may be lovely and hot and sunny in the south of the country, but the forecast is for freezing cold rain in the Lake District over the weekend where we are going to escape all things Olympian :cry:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Looking for help wrote:All I know is it may be lovely and hot and sunny in the south of the country, but the forecast is for freezing cold rain in the Lake District over the weekend where we are going to escape all things Olympian :cry:
Oh, LFH :cry: :cry:

Maybe the forecast is wrong?
scary mum
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Yep 14/15 degrees and RAIN :evil:
Hera

Post by Hera »

RationalityRules wrote:Anyone else finding that the heatwave means that you're spending all day and evening outside until it's too late to worry about (or care about) verbal reasoning and maths????

Really hoping it's not just me. :D
Agree completely impossible!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

scary mum wrote:Oh, Herman, surely you have some sunshine in Yorkshire. It's been lovely in South Bucks although I did venture north of Watford Gap yesterday and it wasn't so hot. I understand the rain is due to arrive in time for the opening ceremony :roll:
Overcast and 18- 20 yesterday - more overcast today ... haven't tested the temperature yet this morning!
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Its very difficult here too. DD is coming home from holiday club absolutely pooped and isn't particularly responsive to the idea of a quick NVR paper before she flops in front of the TV in a nice cool room. I am also exhausted by having to get up at sparrow fart to walk the dog as its too hot during the day for her (she's a sled dog). To be fair DH is doing more of the dog walking to build up Brownie points for when he disappears for most of August on business leaving me to do it all.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now