Maths 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

seriousmum

Maths 2013

Post by seriousmum »

I have heard on the grapevine that the marking format for this year's maths would be different as follows:
"all sections to a question need to be correct to warrant one mark." so if you have a question with parts a, b and c and you missed one, you get the entire question wrong. In my opinion, this sounds disastrous and scores are likely to be noticeably lower!
moved

Re: Maths 2013

Post by moved »

Do you mean "no marks for follow through"? If so, I wouldn't be surprised as in previous years there is a mark for part (a) and a mark for part (b), without any indication in the markscheme that follow through is allowed, so this would be following previous format.

I have never known for sure what happens here, but have always assumed that both marks would be lost in this case.
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

Hi moved, yes, that's exactly what I've heard in relation to the proposed marking scheme for this year!
Manana

Post by Manana »

The CSSE page states that 'There is no change to the content or format of the test papers this year.' which makes you think that there isn't a change?

If there is-it will affect everyone equally, I suppose.

I shall be so glad when it's all over and we know there results-there have been too many changes already this year. I sort of thought DC was in with a good chance of passing a year ago. Since then-the catchment has widened massively and the date has been brought forward eating into a lot of the summer holidays. If they change the marking scheme as well, that's just one more thing to battle against!

Maybe they'll write the comprehension paper in Latin this year as well, just to keep us on our toes :roll: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now