AS resit

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Caryn

AS resit

Post by Caryn »

My DD wants to resit one of her AS language modules, (reading, listening & writing) which is really the bulk of the AS as she got a B but was hoping for an A. She has spoken to her Head of Dept who recommends a resit & confirms DD will still be predicted an A, which is great news.

I'm just a bit confused as I read somewhere on this site that AS results have to be 'cashed in' on the UCAS form & I am not sure what that means. If she 'cashes in' the B, if this grade were to go up to an A on the resit would the increased UMS points not count?

Many thanks for any advice.

Caryn
Belinda

Re: AS resit

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The resit will count towards her A2 result - as Belinda says the AS has to be 'cashed' in so Universities see the AS grades now.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

For this year's application, my daughter had pending for one result as she was retaking a module in January and this had no detrimental effect on her application. She got 5 offers. She also did incredibly well in the resit, so it was definitely worth it. If the school are recommending the resit, and then will predict the necessary grade for the application form, that's great, and I would act on their advice. Predictions are the holy grail in my view, most courses need you to be predicted their entry requirements or you wont get the offer.
Caryn

Post by Caryn »

That's very helpful, many thanks for the replies and advice.

Will go ahead with the resit (think it's in January) & will heed school's advice.

:D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now