was sort of % should we be aiming for

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bati

was sort of % should we be aiming for

Post by Bati »

does anybody know what sort of % we should be aiming for on the gl verbal reasoning for pack 1 and 2. My dd will be sitting 11+ for the wirral

also bright spark papers are graded in difficulty so paper 1 is the easiest and paper 4 the hardest - is this the same for the gl packs
thanks
Bati

Re: was sort of % should we be aiming for

Post by Bati »

anybody have any idea?

I am just trying to work out if she is on the right track
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

You may be better posting this in the appropriate region as the % required varies nationally, I am sure someone in the area will be able to help.
Bati

Post by Bati »

I have but the wirral forum is extremly quite so no reply :(
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

If you try searching words like "percentage" on the Wirral section you will find references to around 85%, so fairly similar to Bucks.

You might find this thread on Bucks helpful in terms of assessing where any problems lie:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=24313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ginx

Post by ginx »

I guess that means if my dd is only getting about 60% consistently in all GL papers, she is unlikely to pass ...
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

ginx wrote:I guess that means if my dd is only getting about 60% consistently in all GL papers, she is unlikely to pass ...
Possibly, but do try to work out where the problems are by question type. It could be something quite easily put right, such as technique. The killer is vocabulary though, as you will see on the Bucks link above.
Bati

Post by Bati »

thanks for that
i gave my dd the number 8 from gl assessment pack 2 yesterday and she got 91.25%, 73/80
i am hoping that she is on track to be able to pass in the real thing but i am worried because you hear so many different things
we go on holiday early hours in the morning so i have packed some test papers and vocab list - hoping to do 1/2 hour here and there but only time will tell if that happens
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I don't know if it is too late now, but when we went on holiday last year I took the Tutors 20 question tests with me and DS did a few while away - they only take 15minutes (if I remeber correctly) and you can download them from this site print them to take with you. The only thing is that the level 3 ones seemed a little easy (good for confidence building) and the level 4 were hard (but would make the real thing seem simple!).
scary mum
ginx

Post by ginx »

I am pleased to hear another child's percentage on GL papers.

We have absolutely no chance competing against 91.25%.

In a funny way that makes me feel better, I am not going to worry or stress about the 11+ any more. With a top score of about 70% in GL papers, I've always thought my dd doesn't have much chance.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of the holidays and lay off the practice. Not stop it, just not worry about it any more. Thank you! I would say good luck - but sounds like you don't need it! Well done, that's brilliant. I'm a touch envious but pleased your comment has made me seen reality.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now