Help with GL (NVR) Test 7, please

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lesse

Help with GL (NVR) Test 7, please

Post by Lesse »

Hi all,

Could you please help me with the following as my DD is badly stuck and I myself cant even do them :oops:

GL (NVR) Test 7
Section 3 (10)
Section 4 (10, 11)
Section 6 (6)

Thanks in advance :)
Stocky

Re: Help with GL (NVR) Test 7, please

Post by Stocky »

Section 3/10 - I can get to the 'YL' bit, but will have another look.
Section 4/10 - the number of sides (straight edged + curved) of one of the shapes is always one less than the other. (a) they both have 4, (b) one has 4 one has 5, (c) 3 and 3, (d) 3 and 3, (e) 3 and 6, so answer (b);
Section 4/11 - really hard to explain this one, if you look at the sequence with which the shapes lay on top of each other it always in the order circle (c), stick (s), triangle (t), arrow (a) - imagine if more shapes were then added in the same order - object one is csta(csta)if it continued, object 2 is stac(sta) if it continued, object 3 is tacs(ta)if it continued. (a) is astc, (b) is acts, (c) asct, (d) is cats, (e) is stac so answer is (e).
Section 6/6 - the little arrow always points in the direction of the little line, except (b) where it is pointing away from it so answer (b).
Lesse

Post by Lesse »

Thanks a lot Stocky....That's Brilliant :D

In Section 3/10, I had solved till the YL part but don't understand how it comes to 'YLS' :?

Thanks for the reply again :)
ontarget

Post by ontarget »

Could it be that S refers to the fact that it is a curved line rather than made up of straight lines?
Lesse

Post by Lesse »

Yes, ontarget, I think you are absolutely right.... as in Test 8, there is a question with which I used the same technique, and the answer came out positive.

So 'Y' for the position as both the shapes are at the same height
'L' for the shape
and 'S' for the shape being made from a curvy line rather than straight lines

Thanks a lot, ontarget.....you're indeed 'on target' :)