Any ideas for birthday presents for 14 year old dd

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Any ideas for birthday presents for 14 year old dd

Post by Daogroupie »

My elder dd's early September birthday always hangs over my summer holiday like a buzzing fly. This year I have been very distracted by the DAO entrance exam next Monday, so now I really must turn my focus on organising some presents for dd. Any suggestions most welcome. Things that can be ordered online would be especially attractive as I have no real opportunity to go shopping before then. One thing I had in mind was a good pen with her name engraved on it as she tells me that lots of boys in her class are in the habit of "borrowing" stuff and not giving it back. Anyone know any online company who might offer that service? DG
sherry_d

Re: Any ideas for birthday presents for 14 year old dd

Post by sherry_d »

Don't know about engraving but if she has a shop she likes you could get her a voucher from there. Amazon gift card can be great too as there is a wide range of things she could get from there.
Impossible is Nothing.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

We've just bought a kindle (the most basic one) and have downloaded some free books. It kept DS occupied while we were on holiday even though it was meant for me.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I was about to say a Kindle too, best present ever. We were an amusing family of 5 Kindles on holiday but they are just great. Lots of free classic books too. If other people buy them Amazon vouchers they can buy a cover for it or books.
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Have to say that I have bought two kindles for my ds's this christmas - basic ones. We'll get them amazon vouchers for their stockings.

DS is 14 in November and his list so far is a Superdry hoodie, money and amazon vouchers. In fact the first two he had for his 13th birthday too so they must have been a hit if they've been requested again this year :lol: :lol: :lol:
suzanne

Post by suzanne »

From 14yr DD

iPod touch or nano
clothes
Kindle
laptop (if big budget)

I like the pen idea myself
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Depending on what your DD likes it could be a birthday to have a nice proper perfume - something like Chanel CoCo Mademoiselle or Dior Cherie..there are lots of nice ones that are more classy than the cheaper smellies and a taste of being more grown up. If your DD is sporty then a voucher for Go Ape or a lesson in a different sport or activity like archery or ice skating? Nice pen and stationery is a lovely gift, you could go for a special notebook or diary. Vouchers for clothes are usually welcome or a subscription to a magazine - there are so many now to cover every interest and it is nice to get something in the post each month. Oh, good headphones went down well with my DDs of a similar age last year.