IPS type S - Query re Lincs VR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stocky

IPS type S - Query re Lincs VR

Post by Stocky »

I have seen questions where this is asked i.e."which word would go equally well with....." and there are 5 options (exactly like IPS type S), DS is fine on these except the odd vocab slip up. I have also seen this type where no options are given and you have to think of the word - this style completely stumped DS. I just wondered whether anyone knew if the Lincs test sticks to the IPS format for this or has ever included it in the alternative way??? Thanks in advance
Alex

Re: IPS type S - Query re Lincs VR

Post by Alex »

Some papers give this type of question without the options to choose from in Standard Form tests whereas the options to choose from are there in the Multiple Choice format of the same tests.

I think some of these questions are extremely hard when you don't have the answers to choose from - definitely one to skip and go back to if time were running short. However, I have not seen them appear in Lincs tests or been told that they have in recent years......which is not to say that they never appear but hopefully they are a rarity.
Stocky

Re: IPS type S - Query re Lincs VR

Post by Stocky »

Thanks Alex - DS came across them in the IPS 'C' book which practices each question type by type, the IPS daily practice tests and also SD Bright Sparks papers (in standard version), all of which give 5 options, so I was only familiar with that way. I've got the AFN papers too (as the consortium info mentions that for VR) and on paper 3 on the first page it doesn't give any options and it completely stumped him - hopefully a rarity indeed!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now