New CRGS PE Kit Question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Minesatea

New CRGS PE Kit Question

Post by Minesatea »

Hi,

A question for parents of new year 7's at CRGS:

With the old PE kit there was an instruction to embroider the boys name across the left chest of both the PE and Rugby tops. Due to extreme growth last year I have had to buy my DS a new set of PE kit, and the new stuff has a large school badge on the left chest where their name previously had to go. What instructions have you been given regarding the naming of kit this year?

Also someone had previously said the new rugby shirt has 3/4 sleeves, is this correct? (If so DS's is huge!)
First-timer

Re: New CRGS PE Kit Question

Post by First-timer »

Hi, no idea about name tags but the new rugby tops definitely have full length sleeves. Your DS would need to have the proportions of a monkey/Mr Tickle for them to be three-quarter length! :lol:
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Your DS would need to have the proportions of a monkey/Mr Tickle
Actually this is a pretty good description of him at present. I tend to say he is currently like bambi - unco-ordinated with arms and legs that seem too long for his trunk!

I was just concerned to see it had been described as 3/4 sleeve as the rugby top they first put him in, (and which fitted beautifully round him) the sleeves stopped above his watch strap so they sold us the next size up, which now drowns him! Still at least it has lots more room for growth so I hopefully won't have to buy another.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Next size up was how we played it too. Hoping that we won't need another polo or rugby shirt ever again as he us now into man size stuff.

Whole school photo at the start of term. Not had one before.
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

Sorry for any confusion regarding the length of sleeves - on the model in late June, when we went to Coes, the mock up had 3/4 length sleeves - don't know if the manikin had extra long arms or not !!

My DS's is definitely full length sleeves with plenty of growing room!!

I have just read the uniform list for new Year 7's and it does still say that the name should be displayed on the outside of the short, above the chest, on the left.

Haven't got round to labelling yet - a little job saved for tomorrow :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now