thank you elevenplus exams!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Footymad

thank you elevenplus exams!

Post by Footymad »

Thanks for this Elevenplus Exams!

" March 1st 2006 - National Allocations Day"
ElevenPlusExams.co.uk would like to wish you all the best of luck with your results and every success to your child in their secondary schools.

A lovely touch!

I've throughly enjoyed this website and found it very useful, I shall be popping in for a while to come!

Footymad.
chad

Post by chad »

Just to echo footymad's thanks.
This website has been excellent in providing help and support to get thru the 11+ and the interminable wait for allocation. The advice given in this forum has been professional and supportive.
susan

1st March

Post by susan »

I would also like to add my thanks to the organisers of this excellent site. It has provided many parents with support and help and durring those long months when one is waiting for results it has been invaluable in linking parents together and making the wait more bearable.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hear hear! And it would be great if all you parents who are now veterans of the process could continue to check in from time to time to offer your advice to those of us who have still got it all to come
forumadmin
Site Admin

Thanks

Post by forumadmin »

Dear All,

Thank you all for your kind accolades. Many of our regulars have called our offices to offer us heart felt thanks and the praised website’s support / network infra-structure which has mushroomed in the short period this website has been going. Many have commented how the website helped alleviate the stress between the exams and results, some have suggested that the exams should be moved to a later date so as to shorten the waiting period. The success of the support network of the forum can be attributed to volunteer army of several highly experienced tutors, a head master, many parents and even a former appeal panel member tirelessly responding to parent queries day after day.

As founder and programmers here, we are touched to be working on a website, albeit part-time, that will help radically improve the future prospects of so many children and not to mention relieve a good number of parents the burden school fees going forward. This is a far cry from the original reason the website was created, but it has worked out for the best.

We have had a lot of successful calls this morning and inevitably had one or two very distressed calls. We should spare a thought for those that did not quite succeed, in particular a lady that rang early this morning highly distraught and in tears that whilst her two sons were successful in gaining entry in the grammar school across the road from their house in previous successive years yet the third and last son has failed marginally and now has to travel several miles to a less than palatable comprehensive. She as at a loss as to how to break the news to her son when he comes home from school today.

We are also very grateful to the mum(s) that left a ‘Thank You Eleven Plus Exams’ chocolate cake (yes, instant diabetes!) with security in the reception of our office building today. We would do this personally but there is no name on to give credit to or know who to contact. Rest assured it will be consumed with pleasure!

Sincerely

The Eleven Plus Exams Team

Thanks from us

Post by Guest »

I too would like to convey my appreciation to this website. After an acrimonious divorce I moved into Hertfordshire last summer with my ten year old son. In the summer we decided to attempt the eleven plus in my area not knowing a thing about it as we came from a non grammar pro-comp area. My new neighbours introduced me to this website. My first contact was by phone and I found the advice both compassionate and extremely helpful. They took the panic out of the task even though we had only three months to go and advocated a systematic approach topic by topic with only occasional untimed practice papers initially building up to numerous timed papers only. In the ensuing months I made several more phone calls whenever I got stuck and always got comprehensive guidance. I used this forum once and got my question answered within a day. I made some purchases from the website and the service here was quite good too. All items arrived the very next morning. During practice following the telephone guidance my son improved in verbal reasoning from low 60% to occasional 100%. In maths it was even more dramatic, from early 50% to 100% regular. In the actual exam my son finished both exams with plenty of time to spare and came out beaming from the exam hall. It was an emotional moment for me and him given the year he has just had, something I will never forget. Although we did not get our results today I have to say that that we are very confident of the outcome and this would not have been possible at all without this website and their staff. Big thank you from my son and I.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

I'm a bit of a softie, you have just made me cry!

You have 'done' your son proud, regardless of the outcome.

Patrica
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

"Thanks" is too small a word for something so valuable really.

When my son failed none of the parents at our school seemed to want to talk about their kids' appeals (perhaps understandable) and I felt totally isolated and unsupported until I discovered this forum.

I'm not sure quite how I would have got through the long Christmas wait for the appeal without this site. The forum team, especially "Forum Admin", plus Patricia and Etienne have been wonderful, giving so much of their time to watch the site and post responses within hours - sometimes even minutes.

My gratitude also goes to the many parents who posted such eloquent, heartfelt and sympathetic messages when we lost the appeal that I was also in tears. So many complete strangers took the time to share my trials and tribulations. I think the all-time sustaining comment was "cream will always rise to the top".

I will of course be around here for a while to come to follow 12+ threads. And when results day in Bucks comes around next December, if I can offer support to a new bunch of very miserable parents it will be good use of my time.

When the letter drops through our door tomorrow morning offering my son a place at a totally inappropriate upper school I shall burn it ceremonially and think of you all! Good luck to all those hoping to frame their letters instead - may all your picture frames be full.

Sally-Anne
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Last year the teachers at my daughter’s school said it would be cruel to subject her to 11+ for KE Camp Hill. They were sure she was going to fail, but I felt she could do it. When we looked for a tutor they all assessed her and told me that it was not possible. I spoke to Lee at 11+exams and he gave encouragement, recommendations and advice to us for the months leading up to the day of the examinations. Well today, we got the news, WE PASSED. Lee we did it! Your encouragement when many times we were both ready to give up has paid off. Words fail me, thanks you Lee and everyone else involved at this website.

Post by Guest »

Patricia I posted the message as guest yesterday that made you cry. It was really a horrid year but after today things are definitely looking brighter! We got our brilliant news. My son passed! This means so much to both of us. Thanks a million elevenplusexams, expect a cake from me.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now