Kent NVR types

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mamonaku

Kent NVR types

Post by Mamonaku »

Sorry for asking a question that has probably been asked / answered many times but I've been googling and searching the website all night but can't get confirmation on what NVR types Kent set for their 11 plus.

As GL / NFER set the test I am assuming it will be isomorphic relationships, serial relationships, matrices, analogic relationships, odd one out and codes. There were 72 questions in recent years I believe - so probably 6 sets of 12 questions.

However on the Athey papers there are other question types such as signposts and rotating cubes, and on other papers there are cube nets.

Can anyone confirm the NVR types that Kent include? We'll know soon enough as DS sits his practice test a week on Saturday, but it would be good to prepare him if there are any other types beyond the 6 types we're expecting.
yoyo123

Re: Kent NVR types

Post by yoyo123 »

according to feedback, there are no nets in Kent test, so I would just go with the NFER types ( for belt and braces you could always do a few of the cube and nets questions as puzzles, they regularly turn up in KS2 sats.)

As to number of sets of questions, that can vary from year to year.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Yoyo, thanks for confirming the number of sets of questions can change each year. I had sort of worked it out but nice to have it confirmed. Am I also right in assuming that however many sets there are it is best to work on 30 seconds per question? (but I know it can always change) :lol: :lol:
Mamonaku

Post by Mamonaku »

Thanks for your reply Yoyo123! It was pretty easy finding info on the Kent VR paper question types but for some reason I couldn't find the same info for the NVR. I'll get DS to try some of the other less common NVR types - thanks for letting me know they are included in KS2 - handy to know.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Try buying GL assessment NVR explained - it gives an explanation and hints and tips for all the different types of NVR questions which they put into the real 11plus exams that they set (including Kent)
Summerglow

Post by Summerglow »

Can anyone tell me where I can get a NVR practice paper that contains 72 questions? Everything I have got is 60? I even purchased and downloaded one from this site yesterday & this still only had 60 questions?
Many thanks in advance
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

All the GL Pack 2 papers have 72 questions. 2 papers have 6 sections of 12 questions, and 2 have 4x12, 1x8 and 1x16. That makes 72 in my book :D
Mr & Mrs Monmouth

Post by Mr & Mrs Monmouth »

Hi. Can anyone tell me if the candidates have to do the NVR paper in section number order ? If they finish early on any one section, are they allowed to go back and review/correct questions from previous sections ?

Thanks.
dottie1974

Post by dottie1974 »

Mr & Mrs Monmouth wrote:Hi. Can anyone tell me if the candidates have to do the NVR paper in section number order ? If they finish early on any one section, are they allowed to go back and review/correct questions from previous sections ?

Thanks.
Mr & Mrs Monmouth - no they are not allowed to go forward/backwards to other sections when doing the NVR paper :(

A tip I picked up from here though is that during the time for doing the practice questions at the beginning of each ection, get the child to just randomly guess and then if there are proper questions at the bottom of the page they can start to mentally work this out. Just make sure the child knows not to mark the answer paper with the answers worked out for the proper questions until the test starts as you don't want them thrown out the test :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now