First day at chelmsford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NOTLEY PARENTS

First day at chelmsford

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

How the holidays have flown, with one day left I think I'm more nervous than my DD! I do have a couple of last minute questions...do the girls have to take their PE kit in on Tuesday? I've bought a PE bag from Club Sports which I hope is adequate, perhaps some one can advise on that.

Also regarding school dinners, can my DD take in money or do we have to use parentpay? I'm not sure what she will want to do about lunch as she is a vegetarian and a fussy one at that. Sometimes it's easier to make up a lunch box!

Still so much to do, I have to name everything yet, not a job I particularly enjoy. Third practice bus run tomorrow but this one will be at the proper time so it's an early start, oh yay :shock:

All the best to all the year 7's and here's hoping they'll all settle in quickly.
moved

Re: First day at chelmsford

Post by moved »

DD took her PE kit, but didn't need it. DD takes a packed lunch every day along with many others. She is in school teams and now entering year 10; the Club Sports bag is still going strong. Lockers are very small, so a big bag wouldn't be any good.
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Thankyou Moved for your super quick reply :)

So best take in PE kit then, just in case.

I realised earlier that I hadn't taken my DD swimming, she reached the required level when she was 8/9 but hasn't really done much since as she isn't really keen on swimming. Do you think I should get her to have practice? Oh dear..I hope they don't swim in the first few weeks :oops:
moved

Post by moved »

I wouldn't worry. She'll be fine. :D
mclm

Post by mclm »

Hi Notley Parents,

Your DD will be fine, don't fret. Regarding lunch - I'd probably send her with a packed lunch until she's seen what the canteen does / whether they cater for her. As far as I remember, they can use cash for the first few days until their account is set up. After that it's parentpay only (which is good as you can see what they're buying to eat).

Hope the bus trip went ok.

Good luck for tomorrow - she'll have a great time.

Mclm
Rajula

Post by Rajula »

Hi,

Are they particular about colour of school bag & PE kit bag? Are they allowed to any colours they like?

Regards
moved

Post by moved »

Any bag is fine.
Rajula

Post by Rajula »

Do they still bring Packed lunch bag like in Primary?
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Thanks mclm, Im just a worry wart. DD is fine, quite cool about it actually, Im imagining all sorts, what if she misses her bus stop and ends up in town...what if she rushes across the road because the bus in coming and gets run over. :roll: She seems so young, I feel Im shoving her out into the big world. Sure it`ll pass after a few weeks.

Only other problem at the moment is her PE kit, I chased it up Friday last week and was told it would be sent recorded (Embroidered stuff and swimming costume) but nothing has arrived and they wont answer their phone. :x

My DD chose a plain lunch box from WHSmith with a drinks bottle attached so I may well send her in with that tomorrow and tell her to check the menu out.

Club Sports PE bag in quite plain and Moved said her DD has one which has lasted quite a while.

Is anyone else getting the 70 bus tomorrow?
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Having spoke to Chelmsford Girls School today it would appear they do require the PE kit in tomorrow as the PE teacher has an inspection of kit during the day. This wouldnt have been a problem had my DD`s kit not turned up, again. The lady I spoke to at CCHS said it wasnt a problem and she had emailed the PE teacher to inform her.

However after chasing up my DD PE kit it appears it hadnt actually been sent for some reason, stuck at the post office since Friday apparently so the man is bringing it over tonight!! :x

So remember take your pe kit in girls. Though Im sure those who dont will just get it `inspected` next time.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now