Good luck to everyone today (3/9/2012)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RAB321

Good luck to everyone today (3/9/2012)

Post by RAB321 »

Good luck to everyone sitting their exams today and to their parents!

This forum is kinda quiet but incase anyone does have a read....
First-timer

Re: GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TODAY (3/9/2012)

Post by First-timer »

Hear, hear! It is unbelievably early to have an 11+ exam today. Good luck to all you Redbridge folk. I'm sure many more read than post on this forum. You're just a little more shy than your noisy Essex neighbours! :lol:
ahap

Post by ahap »

Good luck to everyone for the 11+ at Redbridge.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Mob

Post by Mob »

Thanks Rashda for early good luck , same goes to all from me too
... By now we all have finished ahhhhh what a relief , how did every1 do today . Dd found the exam ok . Don't know what to expect as its my first child sitting the 11plus .
inam

Post by inam »

hi everyone. i am new to this post. so how did it go today. my dd found the paper very easy(lets hope for the best). it was a hectic year thank god its over. best of luck.
secondtimer

Post by secondtimer »

Hi
My DD and DS both sat the test today. DS found the VR paper "easy", DD found the other NVR paper easier, so I would say that the papers were equally as difficult, just depends on the child's preference. But they are confident that they scored well in both papers.

Both left a few questions out (5 or less across both papers) due to lack of time, but they both seemed satisfied with their efforts so i am very pleased for that.

My fear is that this was an easy paper (though judging by the above two comments alone) and hence the scores will be very competitive and tight.

Would be interested to know how others felt about the paper!!
ladyjan

Post by ladyjan »

My daughter thought both papers were pretty easy, she finished both with time to spare though she did say she had to guess a few of the answers.
rakki2004

Post by rakki2004 »

My kid found both easy. But slightly running out of time for NVR.
RAB321

Post by RAB321 »

secondtimer wrote:Hi
My DD and DS both sat the test today. DS found the VR paper "easy", DD found the other NVR paper easier, so I would say that the papers were equally as difficult, just depends on the child's preference. But they are confident that they scored well in both papers.

Both left a few questions out (5 or less across both papers) due to lack of time, but they both seemed satisfied with their efforts so i am very pleased for that.

My fear is that this was an easy paper (though judging by the above two comments alone) and hence the scores will be very competitive and tight.

Would be interested to know how others felt about the paper!!
Unfortunately I think that you are right. Some children seemed quite upset when leaving and some were pleased. My DS told me that a girl became upset during the NVR paper and was asked to leave! but generally I think it will be quite tight....

Best news so far is that theres been no cheating claims! I think Redbridge handled it well and the school at which we attended - was great!

We have decided not to mention the words VR or NVR again until my second child sits the exam but I know I will be dreading but also looking forward to the results!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now